ll੨੧ll ...Deeply Troubled.

My head pounded as if there was a battering ram pushing into my front temple. I was not able to translate my thoughts. A groan left my lips painfully, and I gently turned my hand to see the intravenous drip go under my skin. My bile rose at the feeling of the sharp sting when laying my arm back down.

Surveying the room and its darkened yet warm ambiance, my attention was directed to the muscled male sprawled besides me under the same sheets. I quirk a smile when seeing a hand wrapped carefully over my stomach in a secure manner; Greysan's face was half drooping off the pillow which was purposely pushed closer and overlapping mine. The bed was enormous for us two, a good meter was still left over on Greysan's side.

Greysan wore a loose navy shirt that was still snug against his biceps, the fabric straining down his low cut V neckline, hair of fluffed brown badly messed and growing longer than I last remember.

My breathlessness from before had settled, my chest no longer contracting with each pained heartbeat and feeling oddly light.

While admiring my beautifully dozing Mate, I grimaced and shifted back into my pillow with a low curse. Greysan stirred and his hand on my waist grew tighter, the cramping in the lowest part of my stomach only increasing with the motion. I clamp a hand over my mouth. Unease and nausea swarmed my throat and I felt as if I were to be sick.

My head spun again, slower, the pain in my temple thrumming against my skull when I pushed away his now loosened arm and doubled over. Greysan was jolted awake, wide eyed and sweeping aside my hair, allowing me to empty my stomach's contents over the edge of the bed all onto the ground. It reeked of something foully sour.

Things only began to shift on their axis after that. I leaned back, Greysan coming up to help keep me upright. Greysan's face warped with the white of the sunlight, going hazy. There was shouting and it sounded like he had called for Luciano. Two figures came darting in from the door, I heard the opening instead of saw; one was in a black turtle neck sweater with grey loose jeans cuffed at his ankles and the other was in a salwar kameez of aqua green with glittering white rhinestones? Both cursed at the sight of the beautiful dark floor with my mess.

I thought I was imagining everything when I saw a stain of dark crimson staining the comforter. Greysan had helped me down, brushing my hair and exchanging words with them both while I curled on my side away from his face.

"Alpha, allow me to talk in private with her," said a familiar cool female voice. A voice I had heard almost everyday since elementary but I couldn't recall who they were. She must have shifted to talk to the second male because her tone had went bleakly monotone. "You too. No men. I'll care for her."

"You're not even certified yet and I don't doubt your capabilities-."

"Good, leave me to be then." She replied sharply, walking towards me. "Door's that way."

"I don't doubt your capabilities, but she's close to you and as her good friend-"

"So what?" She snapped.

"So," The second male gritted impatiently, clearly not amused at being cut off twice."Don't allow it to cloud your judgment. She's my Luna first and foremost, I have a right to care for her too. Don't fuck up." He must have turned for he began to talk to someone else. "Now, Greysan?"

"No, absolutely not. I won't leave her," Greysan concluded, running a hand through my hair and I almost sighed if not for the contraction taking a whimper from me first.

The male with darkened hair unlike Greysan exclaimed exaggeratedly. "Why must you make me do this?"

"If you think-" There a extremely loud whack, like the sound of a metal rod hitting hard bone and a following vulgar thud of a body I remembering hearing twice now, once on the day of Vaiskhi when I first met Greysan and second during the abduction when Greysan saved me. My eyes squeeze from the horrid memory.