III | T U L I P

Amethyst's POV

"Kids, dinner time!" Someone yelled. No one but those girls know that I'm here, hopefully I'm not needed. Plus I'm not hungry so there's no reason for me to join them. Reaching for my backpack, I changed into my silk shorts and vest top-like shirt that went with them. Then I tied my hair into a dutch braid and sat on the window seat, staring into the distance. This is my new loop. This is my new home.

There was a knock on my door and I glared in its direction, my eyes lighting up their firey red. "What!?" I exclaimed through gritted teeth. The blonde girl from earlier walked in and I immediately calmed down. "I just came to see why you haven't joined everyone for dinner." She smiled. I rolled my eyes and rested my head on the wall, answering with a simple, "Not hungry."

She seemed perplexed by this, "Oh. Okay. Well, maybe tomorrow you'll join us?" I shook my head, "Not unless it's Spaghetti Tacos." This time her facial expression turned to one of shock and interest. "Spaghetti what now?" She asked. There was a call from the bottom of the stairs and she gave me a sorry looking smile before leaving the room, shutting the door again.

And back to being alone. Good. Picking up my ugg boots, I slipped them on and slipped out the window to help the sun set. Even though the loop is gone, I've still got a chore to do. Rise and set the sun. That's all. And it's easy for a fire angel too. I looked around for my 'birth orb' as fire angels call it then concentrated on helping it down. As usual, my hands burnt up into firey orbs and my eyes out up but I managed to stop anything or anyone from dying and burning to a crisp.

My hands eventually stopped burning and I looked around before climbing back into ky window and shutting it. Then I screamed at the array of clothes standing in the shape of a person. "Hello, I'm Millard. Miss Peregrine has told me to take you down for the reset. That is, if you'd like to join us. Oh, and the sun setting thing, totally cool but not needed here." The invisible boy explained.

With a roll of my eyes, I followed the floating clothes out to the garden. Oh no, people! Squealing, I hid behind the back door and tried not to set the place on fire. "Miss Papilon? Would you like to stand with me for your first reset?" I heard a woman with black-blue hair and a pipe ask. "Y-You're M-M-Miss Peregr-rine. M-Miss Lynnfields c-c-cousin." I stammered, pointing at her. She nodded, "Yes I am. Now its rude to point so just pop this on and come with me."

I was handed a gas mask and quickly put it on before following Miss P to an old fashioned record player. It was playing Run Rabbit and I smiled at the familiar tune. My parents used to sing it to me before they found out about my peculiarity and gave me to Miss L. Shaking that memory from my mind, I watched the enemy planes fly overhead, humming along to R.R.

Wait, why are we just watching the enemy planes fly by? Just then, a bomb left one of the planes and headed straight for the home. Miss P will reset it, Miss P will reset it! I reassured myself. But Miss P stood there and watched the bomb drop. Well, right up until it was due to hit the roof. Then she pressed the button on her watch and began to reset the day.

It reset to the night before, on September the 2nd rather than the 3rd, and we were told to get ready for bed. Easy for me. "So, are we not going to explore our new home?" The children of my old loop asked curiously. I rolled my eyes and shook my head, "Not tonight, you guys. I just want to sleep."
"But when you sleep, you wake up crying."
"Isaac! Don't tell her that!"
"But it's true!"
"Clari!"

Their bickering soon angered me as I stood in the cold. "All of you, just stop!! We'll go explore, okay?" I burst. They all fell silent and nodded at my. "Good." I sighed. Jamie stood beside me and laughed at my reaction, but I just glared at him. "Jeez, someone's in a mood." He muttered before disappearing then appearing with my leather jacket.

Just as I went to walk into the forest, someone grabbed my wrist. "Where do you think you're going, runt?" I heard a thick Scottish accent ask. Turning round, I saw a boy with dark chocolate brown eyes and a scowl on his face. "I-I was - er w-w-well..." I laughed awkwardly, trying to free myself from his grip. He wouldn't let go and I started to burn up rapidly.

"Ow! Jeez, I just wanted to know what you're up to!" He retracted his hand and I ran off quickly into the forest. Clari, Rocky and Anabeth were still by the boy so I called for them. "Clari, Rocky, Ana, get your pale asses over here now before I send you to hell!!" They flew over quickly and we ran away.

Enoch's POV

As everyone went in, I saw Amethyst stay outside and mutter to herself. Is this girl crazy? Obviously because she's stood in the freezing cold with nothing but shorts and a vest top on.

I walked out to her just as she yelled, "All of you, just stop!! We'll go explore, okay?" She fell silent for a few seconds before sighing, "Good." Taking a few steps closer, I noticed that her jacket had materialised out of nowhere and she pulled it on. She went to walk away but I grabbed hold of her wrist and asked, "Where do you think you're going, runt?" I asked with a cold expression.

Amethyst looked at me for a few seconds before stumbling over her words badly. All I understood was "I - er - well..." before her skin burnt up and I had to let go. "Ow! Jeez, I just wanted to know what you're up to!" The moment I let go, she ran off into the forest,but not before calling for 3 people to go to her. Only, there's no one there but me and her. Or was, she's run off by this point.

Rolling my eyes, I went back inside and told the bird to leave the back door unlocked for Amethyst's return. She nodded and thanked me before letting me stalk off back to my room. To which I did. Sadly, I was stopped by Olive. "What's so important about her, E? She's dangerous!" She told me. I rolled my eyes once more and answered, "Leave me alone, Olive. She's not dangerous, she's scared. You would be too if everything you've ever known had vanished before your eyes!"

I pushed past her and went I into my room, shutting the door and locking it. At least here, I can be myself.

Bleh, my endings suck 😣 Anyways, hope you enjoyed this. Cya in the next chapter, bai!
X Caitlin X

September 3rd, 2018!