XVI| B L O S S O M

Amethyst's POV

After tucking Claire into bed and reading her a story from 'The Tales Of The Peculiar', I was dragged by Bronwyn to her room. "Who's the man on your jumper?" She asked as I tucked her up. A blush crept onto my face as I remembered the P!ATD hoodie. "It's a man called Brendon Urie. He sings in my favourite band from 2016."
"Will you sing one of his songs for me? Please?"
"Uhm.... Okay?"

She smiled excitedly and I sat on the end of her bed, thinking of which song to sing her. None of them are really child friendly except the ones I don't remember. Then I remembered how Nicotine had barely any swearing in it and decided to sing that. "Ready? I sound like a dying cat when I sing by the way." She giggled and nodded, waiting patiently for me to sing to her. Taking a deep breath, I started to sing my favourite song.

"Cross my heart, and hope to die
Burn my lungs and curse my eyes
I've lost control, and I don't want it back
I'm going numb, I've been hijacked......
.... It's such a drag
I taste you on my lips and I can't get rid of you
So I say "damn your kiss and the awful things you do"
Yeah you're worse than nicotine
Nicotine
Oh, you're worse than nicotine
Nicotine, oh."

Wyn was slowly falling asleep but not fully in dreamland yet so I kept singing. Making me feel more self conscious about my voice.

"It's better to burn than to fade away
It's better to leave than to be replaced
I'm losing to you, baby, I'm no match
I'm going numb, I've been hijacked
It's such a drag
I taste you on my lips and I can't get rid of you
So I say, "damn your kiss and the awful things your do"
Yeah you're worse than nicotine
Nicotine
Oh, you're worse than nicotine
Nicotine, oh"

Millard's POV

As I walked past Bronwyn's room to retrieve my hat in the piano, I overheard someone singing. Beautifully, might I add.

"Just one more hit and then we're through
Cuz you could never love me
Cut every tie I have to you
Cuz your love is such a drag
But I need it so bad
Yeah your love is such a drag
But I need it so bad."

I peeked through the open door to see Amethyst sat on Wyn's bed, singing to the sleeping girl with closed eyes. I've never heard this song before, but I knew it held a place in Am's heart as she wiped away some tears, finishing the song.

"Cuz you're worse than nicotine
Nicotine
Yeah you're worse than nicotine
Nicotine, oh...."

She smiled and kissed Wyn's forehead before standing up and heading for the door. I quickly ran away to retrieve my hat and act oblivious to the songbird leaving the room. A small sigh of adoration left me and I smiled at Amie, watching her hands slip into her pockets and her hips sway slightly as she walked away.

Yes, okay; I have a small crush on the new girl. But seriously, who wouldn't? You've seen her, haven't you? Good, then you can see why I'm so drawn to her.

Enoch's POV

Amethyst passed my door as she walked back to my room and I opened it quickly. "Amethyst- Uhm, Amethyst." I corrected my first squeaky voice and she looked at me, "What, Connor?" The name made my blood boil slightly. "Last time, it's Enoch. Enoch! And I just want you to know that no matter what you do, whatever little tricks you pull, that dream Horace had? Yeah, it's not coming true."
"Fine by me, Connor. I'd hate for you to break your oh-so-important walls over me."
"Shut up, murderer."
"..."

She walked into her room after that and I immediately felt a pang of guilt burst through my like someone popping a water balloon. "You're a heartless monster, Enoch, you know that?" I jumped at the voice and groaned, looking for Millard. "Push off, Nullings!" I muttered when I couldn't spot him. "No. Not until you understand that Amethyst shouldn't be treated the way you treat her. You're so passive aggressive with her! We weren't like that with you, why are you like that to her? Look, if I ever catch you so much as looking at that girl in the wrong way, I'll make sure you regret it."

Was Millard... threatening me? Oh boy! A small snicker escaped me and I crossed my arms over my chest, "Oh really? And what'll you do?" I heard the shuffling off his feet and assumed he had left without an answer, but then felt something drop onto my foot and make me yelp in pain. "I'll make your life a living hell, O'Connor." The invisible boy smirked before shuffling away. I held my foot painfully and looked to see he had dropped Claire's copy of the Tales on my foot. Groaning, I kicked it away and went into my room, away from the hate of everyone else.

Amethyst's POV

There was a thud outside my door but I ignored it and focused on trying to find out where James was. I hadn't seen or heard from him in ages and it was starting to worry me. "Amethyst? Amie, Gem, stop! You're gonna hurt yourself!" One of the ghost kids appeared, but I didn't really remember them. "He left when Enoch calmed you down that time in the sitting room. He's been gone for a while, Am. You never even noticed." The ghost boy's words hit me like a brick and I was shocked to say the least.

Enoch had driven James away... The only goddam boy that could help me through tough times was gone and it was all that Scottish prick's fault!! I wanted to scream; to cry; to tear apart this room until James appeared and calmed me down. But it never happened. James' love was a drug and sadly I had run out of it. My addiction to him was melting away and I didn't know what to do. Without me, James was just a lost soul in the world. He couldn't go above the clouds or get below the ground, he was stuck.

Tears spurted from my eyes and I soon cried myself to sleep wondering where James would be by now. Hopefully he's okay...

Oof double chapter's written! Cya in the next one. Bai!
X Caitlin X

November 2nd, 2018