XII| I V Y

Amethyst's POV

Maybe she's right. I should spend more time with everyone. But I won't. Scrap that, I can't. There's no possible way I can spend time with everyone without having a mass panic or anxiety attack.

I was dragged from my thoughts when a horse ran onwards me. "Whoa! Easy, sugar, easy!" I cooed, catching it's reins and pulling it down towards me. They looked petrified, a small tear escaping its eye. My heart ached and I slowly stroked its nose, hushing it and whispering comfort that it probably wouldn't understand. "Hey!" Here was a male yell from a couple yards away and I trend to see an old, stout, pot bellied man 'running' over to me. "Get your 'ands on me 'orse!"

The reins were yanked from me and the horse started up again, neighing and rearing up in distress. "Hey! That's no way to treat an animal!" My voice caught up to me before I could comprehend it and I grabbed the man's arm, burning through his clothing and singeing his skin. He screamed and let go of the animal, allowing me to grab it, climb on top and ride away. "P-P-PECULIARS!!!" I heard the scared drunk scream before running away in the opposite direction, making me laugh.

"Now, where to take you?" I smiled at my form of transport, stroking its mane and smiling. The animal new neighed before running in a direction unknown to me. Maybe 2016 will have to wait.

Enoch's POV

Raid the village was over but I still sat here, a pile of beautiful trinkets and outfits next to me. How do I explain these to the others? Simple, I don't.

Just then, I heard the sound of hoofs crunching stones and the unmistakable laugh of a certain unnatural purple-red head. What is Amethyst doing, heading this way? Quickly, I bundle everything into one of the dresses and hide it in a bush, sitting closer to the cliff so my legs could swing off the edge. "Oh! E-Enoch! What are y-you doing h-here?" Her voice rang through my ears as the crunching stopped and the horse's head pushed my own.

Turning, I smirked up at the anxious girl, "I could ask you the self same thing, lass." Amethyst gulped and slowly slid off the animal pushing me further and further off the cliff. The female slowly sat to the horse and pulled it away from me, allowing me to scoot back and face her. Her hair fell across her face as she looked at her fingers, knitting them together out of nerves. Why is she so scared all the time?

"I-I... I don't k-know why I'm h-here.... The horse just r-ran..." She finally stumbled out. My head nodded slightly and I stood up, "Well, if you're here, I'm not. Later, murderer." She winced at the name and I'm pretty sure a small sob left her throat. She deserves it; she killed everyone in her former loop.

Amethyst's POV

Without another thought, I left the horse and ran, pushing past Enoch as my tears fell freely down my face. His words hadn't hit me that much, it was what happened in those few seconds after. Every child stood in front of me and I just couldn't bear to see their faces.

Running as fast as I could, I headed for the cairn and didn't stop till I was back in 2016, and even then I kept running. It seemed as though something was chasing me, inching closer and closer until it was nipping at my heels with every stride. "Woah, careful there, Chica. You almost fell." I bumped into what I thought was a talking lamppost but turned out to be the most gorgeous being I've ever met. "I-I... E-Erm..." Oh screw you anxiety!

"You okay, Chica?" The hazel eyes met mine and I think I slipped a heartbeat. Nodding a little, the guy smiled and let go of my arms, putting his hands in his pocket and pulling out a vape. Lovely. "Good. So where're you from? I've never seen a girl with attention-absorbing hair like you." He blows some cherry scented smoke into the air and I breathe it in deeply, loving it's smell. "U-Uhm...." My voice betrayed me and I didn't bother to answer anymore. "Wait. Lip biting, no eye contact for longer than a second, knotting your fingers together. You got anxiety, Chica?" Wow okay he's smart.

I nodded a little and he smiled, holding a hand out to me, "I'm nothing to be scared of. Trust me." Shakily, I took his hand and smiled. "I-I'm Amethyst...." My words - albeit small and seemingly meaningless - made him smile. "A beautiful name for a beautiful girl." I just knew my cheeks were growing red as he spoke. "So, Gem - I can call you that, right? - what were you running from?" I nodded at his first question then spent a second or two thinking of an excuse. "I was being chased by a sheep. D-Didn't realise it was gone..."

JJ laughed a little and took in more vape smoke. "Well, sheep-whisperer. You look freezing." Taking his jacket off, he draped it over my shoulders. "I've gotta get back now. See you soon, Chica." I watched as he walked away, "B-Bye, JJ..." Darn you, vocal chords! Sighing, I looked around until I saw the 2016 village of Cairnholm and started walking. There was a feeling in my chest, one that I've only ever felt with Tom, that made me want to run back to JJ and just stay in his arms forever. A feeling that was easy to fight, but hard to make disappear.

JJ's POV

When she ran into me, I was ready to yell at Work or Dirty D for being a prick. But when her piercing blue orbs met mine, I melted. Every aspect about her was beautiful; her abnormal hair, her rose dusted cheeks, even the look of pure shock and fear she wore for a good five minutes.

I don't know where this girl came from, or the feeling that came with it, but I can tell you this for free:

I don't want them to leave.

Another chapter. And my schedule is becoming a little messed up. Anyways, cya in the next chapter!
X Caitlin X

October 1st, 2018