VII | I R I S

(Dresses From PANSY)

James' POV

Whilst Amethyst slept, I set about to exploring the house and getting to know what the other kids did without my purple haired princess. It's kinda weird saying that now. I mean, she' s my girlfriend, my friend but also my killer all at the same time. Anyways, I flew into one room, which was next to Amie's. "Holy cricket, what the heck!?" I exclaimed when I saw the room. Shelves and shelves of hearts in jars, mutant dolls scattered around, a bed and a desk. Oh and a window but the blind was down and no light shone through.

Almost instantly, I started to move things around, setting things straight and opening the blind. And window, it smells like a dead animal and the sewers had a baby and bathed it and trash liquid everyday. I went over and sat on the desk as I worked, using my telekinesis to move stuff. That's when my hand hit a cold and slightly clayish feeling object. "The hell...?" I muttered, picking it up and looking at it. This looks exactly like... "Hey!" The doll sprang to life and I screamed, throwing it across the room. It sounded so much like- "Well you're not Enoch. But oh well. Who are you?" The doll asked. I looked around before stuttering, "Y-You can see m-me?"
"Well duh, otherwise I wouldn't be talking to you!"
"But- But how!? You're a clay doll!"
"Homunculi to be exact, rude ghost man!"
"Oh shush."
"Make me."

A glob of clay was suddenly thrown at me but went straight through my chest. "Ha! Can't hit a ghost!" I smirked before leaving. Well, that was weird. I spent the rest of my time will Gem woke to explore the other rooms and rest of the house.

Amethyst's POV

The sun came up with my help.
James scared me and I threw a fireball at him. The other went to the house without my noticing.
After a while the smell of burning wood came to play and it was too late for me to save the house or anyone.
So I dragged James' dying carcass into the bush with me and cried, holding him to my chest. I'd killed everyone.
The screams got louder, the sirens blaring in my ears. The smell of smoke was enough to intoxicate my lungs and almost knock me out, but being a fire angel I was used to it. But no one else was.
People's coughs and cries of confusion as to who or how the children's home came to be a mega campfire joined the screams and sirens, making me cry harder and cover my ears.
It was too much, all too much.

I woke up shivering despite the thick blankets covering my body. Tears welled in my eyes and I didn't have the mental strength to push them away. My knees came up to my chest and my arms wrapped around them as I hid my head and sobbed. Clari, Tom and James appeared, quickly engulfing me in a hug that wasn't even there. "It's okay, Amie!" "Calm down, big sis." "Hey, Gem. It's okay, baby." Yes, I was Tom's older sister. He was a Water Devil. However it was James' words that made me blow a fuse. "Stop calling me babe and baby! You're dead, you're not my boyfriend anymore! I'm your killer, James, just accept it and leave me alone!" My hands grew hot so I melted the door handle so no one could get in and try to help me.

James and Clari backed off, disappearing into the wall. But Tom stayed. "Big sis, calm down. Please! Y=This is how you scared Mummy and Daddy away. Please, stop it." I looked at him and a new memory flashed into my mind, making me fall onto the bed and nearly have another mental breakdown. Luckily Tom was there to keep my conscious as I relived this 5 year old nightmare.

I was eleven years old and playing peek-a-boo with my one year old brother. We were in the garden and the sun shone down on us as if God himself was watching.
However every time I covered my eyes, the clouds covered the sun. It was strange but we didn't notice it.
"Pee...Ka...Boo!" I said one last time, my arms flailing out beside me like a bird's wings and making little Tommy laugh.
A shot of fire suddenly burst from my fingertips and burnt Mum's prize roses.
I looked in shock and then looked at my hands. There were little flames painted on my fingernails and Tom started to cry when I looked at him.
Moving away, I grabbed a broken piece of mirror from the scrap pile in our garden and saw flames in my eyes.
"Amethyst, what's going o- AHHHHHHH!" My mother screamed, grabbing Tom and hiding inside the door, shutting it from me and looking in fear through the glass panels.
That night my stuff was packed up and I was sent to live with Mrs. Lynnfields.
I was an eleven year old in a new world with nothing but myself to keep me calm.
Everything was taken from me. And I did nothing to stop the anger I felt about it.

"Better?" Tom asked me. I looked at him and smiled a little, nodding as I kept my breathing under control. I wasn't better. I never will be. But that can't be changed now; not unless a knight in fire-proof armor shows up and whisks me away to a better life.

Just then there was a knock on my door and I jumped out of my skin. "Amethyst? It's Miss Peregrine. Why won't this door open?" She called through the wood, repeatedly pushing but not entering. An answer rose to my throat before I could think it through, "I burnt the handle so no one could get in and try to help me when I don't need or want it!" Anger was laced in my voice even though I wasn't mad. In fact, I felt nothing. No anger, no sadness, no happiness either. I was numb. And I liked it this way. "Amethyst I will not tolerate locked doors now fix it at once! You have 5 minutes before I send Bronwyn up here to push the door down." Her footsteps slowly drifting into nothing echoed in my ears and I rolled my eyes.

She's not my mother. She's not Miss L. She can't control me. Of course Bronwyn did come up and push the door open, with the bird replacing the handle and giving me a 'strict' telling off. Then the other kids cluttered my room and I yelled that them to "Piss off and give me some f*cking space!" I was left alone after that to think about my memories and stare at the flames on my nails. They never left, and I knew this new numbness would be the same.

I learnt about HTML today in IT and was so tempted to make a ripoff version of Wattpad XD Hope you liked this chapter, cya in the next one. Bai!
X Caitlin X

September 7th, 2018

September 7th, 2018