XXI | S A F F R O N

🅞🅝🅔 🅦🅔🅔🅚 🅛🅐🅣🅔🅡

Amethyst's POV

I was wandering through the loop when I reached its entrance. Jake had forced me to stay back here, saying something about being presumed dead, and so I had listened. Not sure why though.

Looking at the loop entrance now, I felt as though something was pulling me; dragging me closer to my old lifestyle. And it nearly did until I felt someone's arm around my waist. "Where d'you think you're going?" It was Enoch. Groaning, I pushed my best friend - Yes, best friend. Millard was in a mood with me all week because I wouldn't tell him why my stutter was back. - away and looked at him. "I-I'm going b-b-back and you ca-an't stop m-me." I glared daggers at him and he looked almost scared.

"Amethyst, I'm not arguing with you. Jake said not to go back so you're not. Going. Back." Now it was my turn to be scared. He held an arm out to me and flashbacks of that night with Horace's dream flooded back to me. I stepped back towards the loop and something in Enoch snapped, and not in anger. "Please..." His voice cracked and tears appeared in his eyes. I took this chance while he rubbed the tears away to run into the loop and put the other side, already feeling time catch up on me.

My legs thought before my mind and soon I was in the town, running for what was a pub in 1943 but now a hotel in 2016. As I did, however, I ran into the one person who kept me away from everything. "Amethyst!" Jake almost growled when he saw me. "What're you doing here!?"
"G-Getting away fro-om that godforsaken h-h-home for a few hours." He groaned at my answer then pulled the hood on my jumper up, tucking my abnormal hair into it so it couldn't be seen. His gentle touch calmed me greatly and I smiled a little. "Okay, fine. Just calm down and stick by me, okay?" I nodded and we walked basically hand in hand around the island.

After a while, Jake's father ran over to us from the village, huffing something about another death. My grip on Jake's hand tightened and he quickly lead me down to the beach, where I saw an old man known as Uncle Oggie laying dead across some sharp ass rocks. "H-His... J-Jake, h-h-his.." He cut me off with a small nod. "His eyes. I know. Calm down, it'll be okay. C'mon, we need to go back." We ran down the beach hand in hand, Jake's father then some stranger running after us. Our feet carried us into the loop entrance.

The stranger following us.

I gripped Jake tighter as the man started yelling, "Hello! Hello! Is that you, young man? Young lady?" Jake was just as much shock as I was, but managed to get his words out without difficulty. "You came through? You're peculiar?" The man seemed to smirk in he half darkness, a small nod accompanying his next words, "Oh yes, and I'm extremely grateful to you both. It's terribly hard... to find loops these days." I sensed something was wrong and suddenly growled at the man, my eyes glowing a furious red, "So you followed us from the beach on purpose?"
"Oh no. I've been following Jake much further than that!"

The man stepped into darkness then reappeared as a woman. Shapeshifter! I was confused as to who this woman was but Jake certainly wasn't as he exclaimed, "Dr. Golan?" The woman's voice was calm and collective as she nodded, "Sometimes... when it suits me... The breadth of my peculiarity is purely limited by my imagination. The only thing I can't change..." she removed some contacts and I let out a small gasp at the white Iris's the woman held between her pupils and outer eyes. "Is my eyes." They changed again and I squealed slightly when I saw the man that there when I set someone's shirt on fire my first day in Cairnholm. "Mr. Barron, how do you do?" Barron smirked, extending a hand to me then Jake.

Every step Barron took, we took too. It was like a forever moving mirror. Barron suddenly waggled a finger at Jake, "I saw you, at your grandfather's. I was hoping to get Miss Peregrine's address from him, but alas my travelling companion got to him before I did. And as you know, there's just
no stopping a hungry Hollocaust." He looked at me then smirked, "You're that girl that set my companion's shirt on fire then flew away like a little birdy. A fire angel, I presume. Is there no water devil twin to your act?" I let go of Jake and sent a ball of fire the man's way but he dismissed it easily. "Speaking of my travelling companion... He's coming. And believe me when I say to you, you don't want to be here when he arrives."

My stomach flipped and I hid behind Jake again, my unnatural hair falling from under my jumper hood. Barron saw it and his eyes widened slightly. But it was so brief I barely noticed, "So, let's be on our way... shall we?" Brendon Urie, God of Foreheads, please save us! Barron grabbed Jake and I by the back of our jackets and directed us into 1943. His hand was cold against my back and I could slowly feel myself weakening, the flame in my soul now dying.

Ugh why didn't I listen to Enoch!?

JJ's POV

When Uncle Oggie had been found dead on the beach, everyone ran. And it was there that I saw a figure I had seen as buried underground by now.

"Amethyst!"

She didn't hear me. That American boy ran away with her, two men running after them and me on their tails. Five turned to four and soon we were all inside the old cairn, of course I was hidden from view. Using my Omnikinesis to turn into an ant, running to Amethyst and crawling up onto her shoulder. She never noticed me, thank god.

That man- now woman, now man -grabbed my chica and the American by the backs of their jackets, forcing them out the Cairn. Woah! There's been a loop on this island and I never even knew! Looking back at the man, I saw that his hand on Amethyst had changed to a never-melting block of ice. Amethyst was some kind of fire related peculiar. And judging by her hair, she was the last Fire Angel on earth.

I pray to whatever god is out there that she's alive by the end of this!

Oof, daily update! Hope you guys enjoyed this and I'll cya in the next chapter! Bai!
X Caitlin  X

December 3rd, 2018