XXV | I N D I G O

Amethyst's POV

"M-Millard, let me in f-f-for gods sake! Please!"
"No!"
"Oh my g-god, Millard, what the h-hell is wrong w-w-with you!? We both know I hate E-Enoch's guts!"
"Yeah because that kiss was based off hate."

I sighed and fell against the door, running a hand thro go my hair. "L-Listen, Millard, we're alm-m-most at Blackpool and you c-chose now of all times to h-hate me? Why?" There was a small sigh and the sound of a head hitting the door. "I don't hate you, Amie. I could never. And that's why it hurt me so much that you and Enoch kissed... I..." there was a longer pause and I started to get worried. "I... I love you, Am...." Okay, not what I was expecting. Y'know I saw Millard as more of a gay person. What with how he walks around naked and goes the extra mile for the boys. Oh well, just me then.

"M-Millard, I... I didn't kn-know... I'm so s-s-sorry..." The faint sound a lock clicking and I fell into my back. Millard laughed softly, "Its okay... I should've known better. It's obvious you and Enoch should be together." My cheeks dusted red and I sat up, shaking dust from my hair and using Millard's help to stand up. "So we're still f-friends?"
"Of course we are, Amie."

We hugged and smiled before Fiona ran over and told us we were at Blackpool. "Race ya!" Millard laughed before running down the halls to the exit of the boat. I giggled and chased after him, soon catching up and passing him too. We skid to a stop, out of breath and smiling. "Everyone here?" Jake asked curiously, looking around at everyone. Emma was bent over behind me, sorting out her boots, and this caused Jake to worry. "Where's Emma!?"

I laughed and stepped aside, showing the blonde who looked up and blushed. "I'm here." She smiled. "Calm d-down, Jake." I smirked, making him glare playfully at me. Enoch stepped over and put an arm around my waist, to which I pushed away and went the other side of Millard, between the twins. They grunted and purred at me, taking my hands as some silent form of reassurance.

I guess we all needed reassurance.

15 Minutes Later...

"Everyone remember the plan?" Jake asked and everyone nodded. I held Millard's clothes in the backpack I had found, making me feel a bit awkward at the fact that my best friend was naked beside me. "Amethyst, for the sake of your, uhm, social issues-" Jake was treading on thin ice here. "Maybe you should swap with Millard. Stay behind and help the younger ones fill the buckets." A simple 'hm' was all he got before I stalked off to buy some sticky toys and confetti. Thank god I kept that money from JJ- who was strangely clingy with Olive right now -and what I had accumulated along my journey to Cairnholm. "Amethyst, we need to talk." The voice wasn't Enoch, or Horace, or any of the care children.

It was Jay.

With a roll of my eyes, I took the large bags of toys and confetti, stalking last him to the buckets that Claire and Bronwyn had found. "Chica, please!" I suddenly turned and hit him hard across the face. "P-P-Piss off, J-Jay!!" He was shocked at my words, which had attracted Horace and Hugh's attention. "But, Amethyst, I just want to talk!" Jay was persistent, Olive clinging to his arm like she used to with Enoch. "I do believe she told you to piss off. Which if I'm correct mean go away in 2016." Horace's proper language had so much meaning in this conversation.

Jay looked at Horace and Hugh with eyes of fire. Well, not as much Fire as mine held the longer he stood close to me. I don't know why, but Olive being around Jay made me want to punch the guy in the throat and make him sterile. "Oh please. You're like 100 years old. Why don't you just go read a book and-" He was cut off when my fist collided with his chin, burning the imprint onto his skin. "Talk to any of my friends like that again, and it won't just be my fist that's imprinted on your face. Oh and Olive? This guy ain't as great as you think he is. Trust me." With that I took the boys by their shoulders and led them away from Jay and his little bitch.

Olive's POV

"Oh my god, Jackson, are you okay??" His jaw was bleeding and the imprint of Amethyst's knuckles was on his chin. "Yeah, yeah I'm fine." He did something with his hands and the bleeding and burn disappeared. He's an omnikinescent! "Listen, Jay, honey-"
"No. You listen. Once this whole thing blows over, I'm staying here. I'm going back to Spain and you're not coming with me. I was so stupid to think I could ever like you."

With a small, hurt nod, I walked away from him. How could I have been so stupid?

Jay's POV

Well I'm a dickhead.

"Olive, wait, I-"
"It's fine... Enoch was exactly the same..."

She walked away and I felt that same pang of dread I got when Amethyst pushed me away on the boat. Why am I such an idiot!?

Shorter than usual cuz like I had no idea what was happening here. Hope you enjoyed it, cya in the next chapter! Bai!
X Caitlin X

December 12th, 2018