VIII | D A L H I A

Third Person's POV

After Amethyst had calmed down, she had her dinner of Spaghetti Tacos alone in her room. Miss Peregrine said it would be best as at lunch she freaked out over seeing everyone at once. And Amie didn't disagree either. Why would she? She was just close to having a breakdown when getting her food from the table!

Enoch, who was in conversation with Millard about the importance of wearing clothes, cut off mid sentence to watch the new girl pick up her unusual meal and then leave. He watched how her hands shook as she reached for the plate, how her voice barely reached a whisper as she thanked Miss P, how her eyes darted across the room to look at anything but the children who were somehow scaring her. How she had flames painted on her nails that never seemed to come off, no matter what happened.

There was so much eh didn't know about this girl that he wanted to. Why she was here, when she found out she was peculiar, what her old loop was like. But these questions remained unanswered due to the bird's rule. "We don't discuss the future here. We enjoy living in the here and now." Stupid rule if you asked him. Why shouldn't they discuss the future? They had a right to know. Or did they? Maybe they weren't supposed to know about the outside world in case they ended up like Charlotte had. Charlotte used to be a small girl in the loop, however she ventured into the outside world and aged thirty five years. From then, she was taken in by Miss Nightjar and Miss Thrush's care, referred to as a 'hard case'.

Everyone shuddered at the mention of her name, being reminded of what outside the loop could do to them. Well, everyone except Amethyst. She could leave the loop at anytime and only age by the days she had missed out on. That's why she stuck out in the 1940's loop. She was too modern for their world.

Emma's POV

He was watching her. It was way too obvious. You could just hear the cogs overworking in his head as he tried to answer his own questions about Amethyst. But that wasn't what I cared about. I cared about how he looked at her. Like she was a mouse and he was the cat preparing to catch her. It was sickening to watch so I threw a pea at him. That caught his attention. Enoch glared at me and I glared back, talking to him without words. We knew exactly what the other was saying and he eventually looked at his plate, feeling guilty for staring at someone the way he had. Good, I thought. Maybe now he'll stop being a perv.

Dinner soon ended and everyone was sent to get changed and then sit down for a movie. Except me. "Miss Bloom, a word." I internally groaned and turned around, forcing a smile at Miss P. "Yes, Headmistress?" I asked sweetly, trying not to scrunch my nose at the ridiculous name we have to call her. I prefer to call her Miss P or the bird but oh well. "I saw you throw your food at Mr O'Connor. I get he was staring at Miss Papilon with hunger but next time leave it to me to sort out."
"Yes, Headmistress."
"Off you go now."

I ran as fast as I could in my lead shoes to my room, thumping the floor loudly with each step. The noise made Amethyst open her door and poke her head out, "What the bloody hell is that?" I giggled at her words and answered, "That's a girl as light as air trying to run in lead shoes." She smiled a little and hummed before shutting thew door again. She's so strange. I thought. Just then the door opened again and she came out with her dinner plate, half a crisp shell full of spaghetti and minced meat on it. "Have you ever tried a Spaghetti Taco?" She asked, looking at me then down the halls either side. I shook my head sheepishly and her eyes widened, "Really?"

Again I shook my head. Suddenly the Taco was thrust into my hand, "Try it! Don't worry, I broke it in half, didn't bite it." The contents was still warm and smelt amazing, so I hesitantly bit into it. Whoa. That's a taste I never thought I'd taste. It tasted exactly like spaghetti bolognese only crunch and more tasteful. "S." Amie smiled. "What d'you think?"
"It's- amazing!" I answered, talking through my mouthful. She giggled and smiled, "Good. Have the rest, I don't want it." After that, she walked downstairs and left me to my half a taco.

Quickly finishing it, I rushed into my room and smiled. Olive, with whom I share a room with, gave me a curious look as she pulled her gloves back on. "What happened to you?" She asked me. I looked at her and laughed a little, "I think I just tried the best food in the entire world." More interested, I told Olive about my short encounter with Amethyst and how she'd given me the remains of her food. "And you didn't save any for me? How rude!" She joked, laughing with me. "I'm sorry, it was just too good to share. But I'll make us on the to share tomorrow, when everyone is on the walk and Miss P is dealing with the Hollow."

She agreed to that and we quickly changed before walking downstairs to join everyone for one of Horace's dreams. Amethyst was here tonight, but she sat alone and read a book instead. I caught a quick glance of the cover and saw Harry Potter And The but nothing else. Oh well, I can ask her about it later. Horace's dream started playing and we all watched as he bought another suit and then Amethyst having her breakdown and then more clothes shopping. So Horace had seen Amethyst's breakdown coming and yet didn't tell anyone? Well, that's just rude. To us and to poor Amethyst.

Horace's POV

I knew about Amethyst's breakdown, yes. But I didn't think it would be true. She seemed perfectly fine all morning and the time in the attic. No one seemed to be happy that I didn't mention my dream, and Miss P told me off for not warning her. However not much else was done about it.

I started reading the Miss Peregrine book and it's honestly so bloody good! That's where Charlotte and Headmistress Peregrine came to play XD Hope you enjoyed the chapter and I'll cya in the next one. Bai!
X Caitlin X

September 8th, 2018