XIV| V I O L E T

Amethyst's POV

I stayed in my room the rest of the day, ignoring anyone that knocked it came in. Eventually it got so annoying that I melted the door handle, stopping anyone from coming in and me from getting out. Kind of a dick move but I was just so angry and upset that I didn't care.

Not until I could smell dinner.

I went to my door and tried melting the handle off, but stopped abruptly when I heard people on the other side of the door. "This is Amethyst's room. She's melted the door but hopefully she'll come out and meet you at dinner." It was Emma. But who's she talking to? "O-Oh, right. So she's like Olive?" Ha, nope. I'm much more dangerous. Emma laughed, "Yeah, kind of. You'll see at dinner. Come on, Jake!" Her lead shoes sounded loudly as she and 'Jake' ran down to dinner.

Once I melted the handle off, I pushed the door open and walked down to dinner. Well, nearly. I was knocked off my feet by another person walking out their room. "Oof. Enoch, you idiot!" I glare at him and try to walk around him but he stops me, his arm blocking my path. "Two things. One, what the hell did you do to the loop entrance earlier? And two, who's coat is that?" In all my anger I forgot to take off JJ's coat. Looking down, I stuffed my hands into the pockets and muttered, "None if your business. And you angered me earlier so just push off."

With a roll of his eyes and a netball tactic from me, I walked down the stairs and into the dining room. Conversation died down and about 12 pairs of eyes staring back at me. "Miss Papilon. So kind of you to join us. Sadly, your seat has been occupied by Mr Portman so if you would like to take-" Miss P started but I shook my head, cutting her off. "Y-You know I d-d-don't eat with yo-ou...." Shoot shoot shoot it's happening again!

I gripped the door frame tightly as the room started spinning. "Amie!" Claire and Bronwyn ran over to me and I was pulled out the room by them, their words of comfort seeping in like water to a cloth. "It's okay, Amie!" Wyn hugged me gently and Claire held my hand, "Miss Peregrine probably forgot, that's all." I nodded slightly and hugged the girls together. "T-Thank you..." They smiled at me and nodded. "What's going on here?" The three of us looked up at the thick Scottish accent to see Enoch. "Amie nearly had an an... Ansi... anzie..." Claire struggled so Bronwyn finished. "Anxiety attack. Amie nearly had an anxiety attack so we calmed her down."

I love how confident she is. "Okay. You guys go, I'll take care of this." Yay. My enemy is gonna 'take care' of me. Note the sarcasm. The girls looked a little hesitant but eventually they left me with the Scot. "I don't need your help. Just go eat." Glaring at him, I stood up and walked back upstairs. Well, almost back upstairs. Enoch grabbed my arm and looked at me with soft brown eyes, rather than his usual harsh ones. "You can sit by me. If you start to feel anxious, just let me know and we'll leave for a while, okay?"

Why's he being so nice? This isn't like him. Slowly, I nodded and took his hand, allowing him to lead me to my almost doom. The kids looked so... fake... just sat there together and looking at us as we walked in. Enoch told Bronwyn to go sit by Claire to which she compiled. Shyly, I sat on the seat by Enoch and knotted my fingers together in my lap, not allowing Enoch to pull them apart for more his own comfort. Emma came over with my plate of food and I blushed deeply at the spaghetti tacos sitting on the plate. "Don't be embarrassed, Amie." She whispered in my ear before sitting in her seat. The Jake boy helped her with the belt to keep her down.

Miss P gave the okay to start eating and everyone immediately tucked into their... I want to say carrot blocks? That's what the majority had. Claire had a turkey leg, Miss P had an entire chicken and I had my spaghetti tacos. But suddenly I didn't feel hungry. "Claire? Amethyst? Why aren't you girls eating?" I heard the shrill voice of Miss Peregrine ask. Hugh looked at Claire then answered, "Claire's embarrassed to in front of Jake." At the mention of his name, the blue eyed boy looked up and rushed, "Oh no no, it's okay. Eat, it's fine."

With a shy smile and a wink from Miss P, Claire picked up the turkey leg. Using her other hand, she lifted her curls and her back mouth ate for her. Jake's reaction made me smile a little; his eyes widened and his mouth fought not to drop to his plate. Miss P smiled at the little girl and picked up a handkerchief, wiping the back mouth's teeth from meat juice. "So! For the sake of Jake and Amethyst, let us all state our names and specialties." The raven-haired woman smiled. Ugh, brilliant. I internally sighed as everyone started speaking for Jake. Meaning I had to speak too.

"I'm Emma and I'm as light as air!"
"I'm Olive and I can start fires with my hands."
"My name is Horace and I have prophetic dreams. And a sense of style."
"Name's Hugh and I have a bee hive for a stomach!"
"I'm Fiona! I manipulate plants."
"My name is Claire and I have a back mouth!"
"I'm Bronwyn! I have super strength!"
"The name's Nullings. Millard Nullings. I'm invisible."
"Enoch. Dead rider."

Everyone looked at me and I rolled my eyes before speaking, "Hi. I'm Amethyst Papilon. I'm a monster." For the first time in a while, I managed to talk to everyone without stuttering. Bronwyn and Claire smiled at me and everyone looked at Jake expectantly. "Oh! I'm not peculiar." The boy said shakily, causing Enoch to speak up. "And that, my friends, is why he will not be staying with us." He stood up, yanking me up by my arm, and pulled me out the room. I was too anxious to argue and just went with him.

We went upstairs and he told me to get ready for 'movie night.' It confused me because movies weren't really a thing in 1943 unless you were rich. Shrugging it off, I changed into my silk vest and shorts, pulling my ugg boots and a Panic! At The Disco hoodie on.

Oooooooof! Long time no see. Cya in the next chapter! Bai!
X Caitlin X

October 25th, 2018