V | D A I S Y

Amethyst's POV

After this mornings escapade, I was completely fine the rest of the day. Shy, of course, but fine. Miss P introduced me to the other children. Turns out I'm the oldest girl. Olive and Emma are only 16, Fiona is 12, Bronwyn and Claire are 6 and 5. However, I'm not the tallest 17 year old girl they've ever seen. Emma actually guessed I was only 14, 15 at most. Oh well, dwarfism is a bitch. Even if it is acute.

I also met the guys. Millard and Horace are 15, Hugh is 13, and the Twins are 5. I was told there was another guy, Enoch, but he never shows himself unless it's dinner, the movie and the reset. And even then it's hard to persuade him. I was told he's 17 too, making us the oldest and in charge when Miss P is gone. "Wait, does he have dark brown eyes and and resting bitch face?" I asked Fiona. She giggled and nodded, "Yes, that's him. He also has a Scottish accent, but we only hear that when he's yelling at us to go away."

Right, so. Boy who gave me a panic attack last night is Enoch. Enoch O'Connor. Fun. I wonder if anyone's nicknamed the boy Connor just to mess with him. I guess I'm gonna start that. Although it might lead to me being Papilon by him. Or even Poppie. Oh well. "Ah, Amethyst, there you are." I turned from making daisy chains with Fiona to see the bird approaching me with a pile of clothes and a note of paper.

Standing up, I handed Fi my chain. "Yeah, Miss P?" I smiled at her. She handed me the pile and note. "These are some clothes to help you fit in with our time. And the rota of the day. When lunch is and so fourth. I hope to see you in one of these outfits next time we cross paths, understand?" I nodded at her words and ran inside to put everything away. It was mostly ugly dresses that I'd never been seen dead wearing, but I guess I've got no way out of this.

"So I see the bird has banned your choice of uniform." A Scottish accent sneered from behind me. I sighed and stood up to face Enoch. "She hasn't banned it, Connor. There's a difference. She wants me to fit in with the others, not stand out like that zit on your nose." I answered with a smirk. The tallboy turned around and tried to feel for a nose zit but found nothing, causing me to laugh. "Too easy."
"Two things. One, my name is not Connor it is Enoch. And two, what's your problem?"
"My problem is you."
"Why?"
"You'll see."

I pushed past him and walked away, shutting my door and leaving him to stand by it. "You'll catch flies." I called back, throwing one of his clay dolls that was on the stairs at him. I'm assuming he caught it.

Enoch's POV

She threw a homuncoli at me and I caught it easily, stretching a hand out from their usual crossed position on my chest. Ugh, what is with this girl? She's so... contradictory. One minute she's a stuttering mess to me and the next she's shooting me insults. I don't get it.

Then again I don't get girls at all.

Rolling my eyes, I walked to my room and shut the door. As I did that there was a knock and I groaned before opening it again. "Here are the baby shrew hearts you wanted, Enoch." Olive chirped at me. I gave her a sarcastic smile and shut the door in her face, taking the hearts and putting them on the desk.

The homuncoli from yesterday was still there and I carefully took a heart out the jar, placing it inside the clay mould. After a few seconds the mould came to life and awaited instructions. "You're my friend now, okay? Whenever I'm sad or thinking about Amethyst Papilon, you shall come to life and talk to me. Distract me." The model nodded and inanimated itself, seeing as I wasn't sad or thinking about Amie.

I moved to lay on my bed, my hands linked behind my head as I looked up at the ceiling. I wonder what the others are up to. Claire and Bronwyn are probably playing with the twins, Fiona and Hugh are probably off kissing. Leaving Horace and Millard to themselves and the girls to themselves too. So that means Amethyst is... "Enoch!" I jumped at the sudden voice and sat up to see the homuncoli of Amie looking at me.

"How many hearts do you own?" It asked. Rolling my eyes at the question, I looked around the room and estimated the amount of jars of hearts. "I'd say around 400 in my room and another.... 100 or so downstairs." I eventually answered. She smiled and nodded before going stiff again. Okay, job done I guess.

And I'm bored again.

Olive's POV

Me and Emma sat under the squirrel tree, chatting away about random things. Hugh and Fiona still being too shy to admit they're in love, Millard's obvious crush on Amethyst. Amethyst. "Why do you think her hair is like that? It's obviously not natural." I pointed out. Emma shrugged, "Not sure. Maybe in her old loop, there was a peculiar that could change appearances of others?"

That reminded me what I wanted to tell Em. "Another thing about new girl. Wasn't she the cause of her old loop burning to the ground?" Em nodded a little, her bottom lip grazing her teeth. "Exactly. What if she killed them on purpose? She could be working for the Hollows. And with her here, we could be vulnerable to their attacks."
"Ol, you're being ridiculous now. There's no way Amethyst is working with the Hollows!"
"I'm just saying-"

Amethyst's POV

"You're just saying I'm not trustworthy. Is that it? That I'm different to you all because I lost a loop and I've got a shorter temper than most?"

Olive looked at me in shock. She was speechless and scared as my hands burst into balls of fire. "You may have been the firey one around here, but now I'm in charge. Got that? So, unless you want me to warn a hollow of your location - which is possible as I know where they're headed - I suggest you quit being a bitch about me behind my back." She nodded quickly and I lost the flames, my eyes turning to normal.

How dare she think of me in that way!! I may be the new girl but that doesn't mean she can be rude!

Okay so I used to think Enoch was my favourite character, but now I'm tied with him and Millard ALL BECAUSE of this book 😂😂 Anyways, hope you enjoyed this chapter. Cya in the next one, bai!
X Caitlin X

September 5th, 2018