03 | three

CHAPTER THREE | ❝Mysteries And Deals❞

┈┈┈┈

I WAS ABSOLUTELY  paralyzed in terror due to the scene unfolding before me. There, leaning on the parapet of our five-storeyed building was Jayden Salmon with his blonde hair ruffling in the air and chestnut brown eyes looking lost.

Jayden was the eye candy of our school. Girls were crazy for him even though he was an asshole. He was the perfect stereotypical bad boy who had girls tucked in his pockets. And even though I hated to admit it, but I had the misfortune of dating him for a while until we parted our ways sourly.

However, the current daunting sight made me forget my hatred for him momentarily.

"What are you doing Jayden? Get down immediately!" Our headmaster shouted at him - his grey old eyes flying around the scenery in panic.

Amelia, his present girlfriend, was sobbing now as she pleaded. "Jayden baby? Please get down." Tears rolled down her pale cheeks as her cherry red lips quivered. "Please. Why are you even up there?"

The headmaster repeated himself again, but it was like he was talking to a wall. There was a weird glaze in the deep-seated roots of Jayden's brown eyes. He looked like he wasn't even there, only his body was. His movements were almost robotic as he took another step forward.

I looked around frantically for help. But not seeing anyone to volunteer, I decided to go there myself when someone gripped my arm.

I turned around to see Cameron. In my haste and terror induced shock, I didn't even realize when they followed me up to here.

"I'll go," he spoke in a hushed voice, his deep grey eyes conveying urgency as he dashed towards the building.

And just as I blinked, there he was, on the rooftop, tackling Jayden to the ground. He held Jayden's head between his own hands and switched their positions. Since Cameron's back was turned to us, we could not see Jayden. However, a minute later, I saw Jayden walking away.

My eyes widened.

How the hell could Cameron be that fast? It was like the speed of the wind.

And what the fuck was that?

Beside me, Carter made a tsking sound and shook his head - a dark look crossing his face.

"Baby! You're okay!" Amelia gasped and flung herself towards the blonde boy.

Jayden must have been caught off guard because he almost stumbled backwards, his chestnut brown eyes going wide for a moment.

"Yeah. I'm okay," he mumbled coolly, patting Amelia's head awkwardly.

Whispers and soft mutterings buzzed around me like an anthem as I tried to figure out what just happened.

How could Cameron be that fast? That was impossible. Nobody on the freaking Earth could be that fast. Maybe I just hallucinated it all, the adrenaline rush playing tricks on my vision.