07 | seven

CHAPTER SEVEN | ❝Nightmares & Compulsions ❞

┈┈┈┈

THE ROOM THEY took me in looked like a spare bedroom, to me, with the pink sheets crisp flat and the lack of furniture but just the necessary ones. There are lots of portraits like the rest of the house and the light of the candles formed an eerie shadow on the paintings.

Apparently, the setup Carter had in mind was just like the one you see in horror movies, where there's a mat laid on the floor for the victim to lay down and candles surrounding her. I suppressed a giggle at how ridiculous the whole thing looks.

If someone yesterday told me that vampires were real, then I would have laughed my ass off. But not today. Especially when I'm in their home knowing that every moment is dangerous; but somehow, I don't know why I don't feel threatened. Maybe because they didn't hurt me yet, but that doesn't mean they can't or won't.

"Alright. Everything's done. We gotta wait for our champ now," Carter rubbed his palms against his jeans.

"Who's champ?" I quirked an eyebrow at him.

"Do you always raise your eyebrows while asking questions?" he asked giving me his trademark smirk.

"Do you always have that stupid smirk pasted on your face?" I answered his question with another question. My eyebrow thing was something I quite disliked because whenever I wanted to ask a question, my eyebrows automatically quirked. It was involuntary.

"Smooth," he drawled in such a way that his lips rolled up and my focus turned to them. His lips twitched in the corners and I groaned in frustration.

"Will you tell me?" I scoffed at him.

"Fine," he raised his hands in mock surrender and continued, "It's Erik. That bitch you saw today in the morning. Blonde. Scary. Fake as hell. Her brother. Though he's not like her."

My eyes widened.

"Please don't tell me she's gonna be here," I whined.

"Well-"

Before he could complete his sentence, came an all too high pitched familiar voice, "Aw. Carter. You wound me. I thought you loved me," came strutting in the blonde thin girl. But she wasn't alone. Came in her tow was a lean but built guy with green long hair that was tied in a man bun and looked quite grumpy. Well...that should be Erik.

"Fuck off Taylor," he scoffed at her and turned to her brother with a huge grin.

"Ah. My man," he enveloped Erik in a 'long-time-no-see-buddy' hug.

Erik seemed to be the kind of guy who generally is the bouncer outside of the bar, except he's not so bulky, but the grim look on his face and the frequent clenching of his fists sure made him look like one. Suddenly his yellow eyes flicked towards me that sent a shiver down my spine. I've never seen eyes this yellow and the way he was looking at me was not only scary but also looked like he's containing something within himself. Sensing this, his lips curled up in a devilish smirk, but he turned towards Carter nonetheless.