17 | seventeen

Thank you so much liv4luvv for your constant and selfless support!♥

CHAPTER SEVENTEEN | ❝Horrible Pasts & Arguments❞

┈┈┈┈

HER TANNED SKIN glowed ethereally under the shadow of the yellow light while the ends of her honey blonde locks were tinted with crimson liquid. My breath hitched at the large smear of blood across the fabric of her white satin and I willed myself to look at her face.

Her eyes were thunderous - the pits of brown burning like ambers as the yellow light reflected on her irises.

I swallowed a lump while tentatively taking a step backward – the frail movement catching Maria's eyes.

She smirked – menacingly.

"You're scared of me Krystal?" She pouted. Then her face morphed into that of pure rage. "That's funny because you're the one who did this to me."

I could hear the booming beats of my heart and I was pretty sure that it was only sound that flooded Maria's ears as well. I gritted my teeth while looking defiantly at her.

"I did whatever I had to do to save you," I said while moving back as much as my frozen feet could carry me.

"To save me?" Maria growled. "You turned me into a monster Krystal."

I flinched at her words but didn't cower away.

"Look. I get you what you're going through-"

"No, you don't!" She snarled at me – revealing the brilliant pair of large fangs that were stained with dark red blood.

"Mare-"

"I killed them." Her voice cracked as her demeanor shifted mildly. "I killed my friends, Krystal."

A sting pricked my heart when she looked up at me, a golden shimmer coating her lifeless brown eyes while her orange lip quivered.

"Maria..." I trailed off as I felt myself shattering into uncountable pieces.

The girl in front of me looked so broken and shattered, the dangerous glint now gone from her eyes. And as much as I would like to deny what happened, I knew the truth deep within my heart.

I did turn her into a monster.

"You're right," I said while biting the inside of my cheek hard – tasting the metallic tang of blood on the tip of my tongue. "I don't understand what you're going through."

Her eyes snapped towards me and an icy shiver ran down my spine when her lips twisted in a cruel smirk.

"Well. You can," she replied and I furrowed my brows in confusion.