11 | eleven

CHAPTER ELEVEN | ❝Wolves & Trainings❞

┈┈┈┈

THE MOON SHONE brightly above us making the whole pathway glow in an ethereal light. The cold wind gushed past me, as a shiver erupted in my body. My hand was still securely covered by Carter's, as the sounds of the howl were the only ones filling the silent void of the night, accompanied by our ragged breathing.

"What's happening?" I hissed at Carter, my nails digging into his palm.

"I don't know. But my guess would be wolves," he took a sharp intake. Whether it was from pain or fear, I didn't know.

"So what do we do? We can't stand here the whole night," I sneered.

"I'm thinking. That idea doesn't sound appealing to me either," he scowled as his grip on my waist tightened.

"Well, it doesn't seem like it. Come on, you're the big bad vampire. Do your thing!" I exclaimed.

My eyes widened when I realized that the creatures were moving towards us.

However, Carter seemed oblivious to it as he asked, "What thing?"

And just as he said that all the yellow-eyed beasts surrounding us came into view. Their enormously large bodies covered with white, while some brown, fur glistened in the bright moonlight.

My breath hitched, and a small gasp escaped my dry lips.

I felt Carter pushing me behind him as his large frame concealed the sight in front of me, his cold hands trembling slightly.

"Are you scared?" I asked taken aback by his unusual behavior.

"Well not exactly," he chuckled but failed to mean it.

Seeing me bewildered, he sighed.

"Fine, yes. Turns out vampires and wolves are not the best of friends exactly. One bite and I'm dead. And they don't know you. So they can kill you too," he muttered and I felt the frustration growing within me.

"Oh great. You brought me here to train me in self-defense and instead we're becoming dinner. What an irony," I gritted.

He gave me an annoyed glance and focused on the wolves surrounding us. They were growling at us, revealing the huge pair of fangs. Their yellow eyes filled with, what I assumed to be, pure hunger. They took slow and deliberate strides towards us, circling us completely as if feeding on the thrill of our fears.

"Gonna have dinner without me huh?" a rich velvety voice floated from right behind us.

I turned around to find an exceedingly tall woman with coffee-colored skin smirking at us. Her ruby tinted hair, which is a stark contrast to her dark figure, flowed at her sides till they reached her waist; looking like the fiery pits of hell. Her voluptuous figure shone in the moonlight making her look like a demigoddess and her forest green eyes held a glimmer of mischief.