Monday

"Don't forget to go too the field after school to see if you made the team!" The coach yells in the intercom as if we couldn't hear him with out it.

"Bro I hope you made then we will have a reason to go to these games and maybe we will actually win." I smirk at what Able says because Maranda's Boyfriend is standing next to us in lunch. Oh his name is Brandon by the way, Brandon Vargas.
"We won 5 games last year." Brandon says, Able chuckles.
"Wow 5 whole games!" Luis says sarcastically, Brandon grabs Luis by his shirt. I get between them and meet eyes to eye with Brandon, he smirks.
"I'm going to look forward to pummeling your ass on the field."
"If you can catch me." A Small hand rest on my chest and on Brandon's and pushed us apart. Maranda wraps her arms around Brandon's neck and whispers in his ear. He smirks and grabs her ass roughly, fucking asshole.
They walk off together, she looks back at me with a glimmer of sadness.
"That stupid jock strap will be going to college and she will still be here alone and you can swoop in and take her."
"No she like older guys, she will probably be with a college guy or with him still."
I say grabbing my food,
"Its okay, I got a few girls on my list anyway that'd be happy to be taken by me."
We go sit down eat then go to class, I'm just looking forward to seeing if I made the team.
I think I did though because Brandon said he can't wait to pumble me on the field so yeah... I need proof.
The bell rings and I take off, i go to the field and look at the chart. My name isn't one there..... how can it not be?! I worked harder than everyone else did!
I walk off pissed till I feel a hand on my shoulder, I look up and see coach.
"I need a word with you." I nod looking obviously bothered, I follow him to the bleachers.
"You didn't make the team....."
"I saw that, it's okay I'll be fine." I start to get up but he stops me.
"You made the varsity team Danny."
Shock floods me quickly and I stammer in my sentence.
"V-v-varsity? That's N-never happened..."
Coach chuckles nodding his head as I sit down
"It means twice the practice, you missing last period and a lot of away games. Do you think you can handle it?"
"My last period is study hall and I'm fine with a lot of practice and I love being away from here."
Coach pats my back.
"Welcome to the team son." I hug the coach back as he hugs me.
"Thank you coach."
I walk off going to my car and sit there absorbing it all in.... I made the fucking varsity team!!!!
"Hey you ready for your Varsity initiation?"
I hear Brandon yell out in front of my car, I get out.
"Is it gonna hurt?"
"Not that bad."
I see the other guys come around the corner of the building with dozens and dozens of eggs. I sigh and spread my arms open.
"Bring it!" I say and smile, eggs go flying at me, the shells hurt a but it's okay. I'm more worried about me sitting in my car, they finish and pat my back.
"Your a good sport." One of the guys says staying behind with me,
"I'm AJ."
"Daniel."
"Let's go hose you off." We both chuckle and I follow him, he sprays me down.
"So you ready for all of the pussy you could ever want to come flying at you?"
I chuckle as we go to my car, I shrug.
"I keep to myself a lot."
"So your gay?"
"What?! No!" He chuckles,
"Your kind of shy."
"I don't know, I have my moments when I'm like very outgoing and most the time I'm just eh."
"Let's go to the café."
"Dude I'm soaking wet."
"Oh yeah." Let's go get you changed first buddy."
I nod and we head to my house, I shower and change quickly an we go to the café.
"Hey handsome, what can I get for you today."
Chloë asks me, her back turned to AJ totally ignoring him.
"I'll get a chicken fried steak and a Dr.Pepper." she writes it down.
"I'll get a burger, not that it's any of your concern. "
She rolls her eyes and giggles.
"Its not." She walks away and I chuckle.
"Dude she totally wants you!" I shake my head,
"She wont touch me I'm jail bate."
"Uhhh no yall knew each other in school right?"
I nod confused.
"Have you ever hear of the Romeo and Juliet law?"
"No what the hell is that?"
"If two people knew each other in school and one graduates and one is still in school it's called the Romeo and Juliet law. Since yall grew up together and went to the same school and aren't strangers you both wont get in trouble."
"What the hell?"
He chuckles, why didn't I know about that sooner?
Chloë comes back with our food and drinks, AJ taps her shoulder.
"You like my friend here?"
"What's it too you?"
"I think you should look up the Romeo and Juliet law, oh and homeboy just made the varsity team."
She looks at me and kisses my cheek,
"Congratulations! I can't wait to see you play!" I nod my head smiling.
"And whatever law you said.... what was it again?"
AJ tells her,
"I'll look it up tonight." I shake my head as she walks away.
"Your horrible."
"What I'm just trying to get you laid dude."
"Thanks, why are you being so cool with me?"
"We aren't all assholes dude. Might be hard to believe but it's true."
"That's good to know. Since I don't know anyone else in the team except for Brandon who doesn't like me already."
"Why is that?"
I sigh rubbing my neck,
"I think its because he caught his girl talking to me in the hall way. Nothing happened but I think he's paranoid."
"Yeah he's crazy about Maranda. You should keep your distance from her."
"Trust me I do."
He chuckles as we finish our food and pay.
"I'll see you at practice tomorrow. "
I wave him off as I drive out of the lot and back to my house, I lay in my bed feeling sleep over take me quickly.
.
.
.