Wednesday

I lay in the bleachers trying to catch my breath after practice as everyone goes to shower. I close my eyes for a few seconds, I feel ice cold water pour over my face and sit up quickly, I see her.

"What the fuck Maranda!?" She looks at me with scared eyes as i shout at her, fuck your stupid sad eyes!
"I was just playing Danny,"
"Its Daniel. Your not my friend. Only my friends call me that."
"So we could never be friends?" She asks as I'm about to walk away.
"I don't know, you should be asking yourself that. You seem to act like I don't exist every time your friends are near or your boyfriend."
She says nothing as I run inside to get showered up, all the guys have already finished so I have the locker room to myself.
I shower up quickly and wrap a towel around my waist tightly, I put lotion my skin. All this heat is making my skin itchy and dry, I hear the locker room door close.
"Hello?"
I hear foot steps and start to get anxious, I've heard of how the hazing of new people on the team can get and I don't feel like getting jumped. I look over the lockers and see no one walking,  I feel someone touch my back. I turn and see Maranda.
"Jesus! You scared me chick!"
She smiles looking down at her shoes, I lean against the locker crossing my arms
"If you boyfriend catches us in here alone he will kill both of us." She rolls her eyes,
"I'm not worried about him, so how are you going to handle selling drugs and being in the varsity team?"
Did she really just ask that?
I shake my head turning around putting my chain on and my black stud earrings.
"What. It's not like nobody know's what yall do." I turn to her backing her up against a locker.
"They do that, I dont. I'm not in that life okay. Keep you nose out of my business okay. It doesn't concern you anyways." I walk back to my locker and continue to get dressed, I pull my boxers and Jean's up and do my belt.
"I'm sorry Danny I-"
"Its Daniel!" I slam my locker shut and walk off putting my shirt on, as i walk out i see Brandon walking in.
"Keep your girl on a leash Brandon." I say walking out of the gym and to my car, I turn my car on and let the AC kick in. I chuckle as I see Brandon and Maranda arguing as they walk to the parking lot. I can hear them yelling, she keeps pushing him roughly, that's not good at all.... I get antsy as she walks away. He grabs her roughly turning her around and smacks her, oh fuck that! I get out and rush to them and push Brandon,
"What the fuck was that!? Dont ever hit a female!" He gets in my face,
"This doesn't concern you Daniel get the fuck out of my way!"
"Maranda get in the car now." I say sternly, Brandon watches as she gets in my car.
"Just calm down Brandon. I'll take her home, straight there I promise. Just chill okay." He nods and walks away, I go back to my car and rush out of there.
I can hear her sniffling,
"You okay?"
She says nothing, I look at her and pull over.
"Maranda, I'm talking to you."
"I'm fine, I'm just embarrassed. Just take me home please."
She looks at me with her swollen cheek, my face softens seeing her eyes all red.
He hurt her.... I'd never do that too her....
I start driving again and go to her place, I park and look at her.
"Thank you for standing up for me. Not very many people would have done that for me."
"Its nothing."
"No it's something and it met a lot to me Daniel. Really it was brave and courageous, your like a modern day knight in shinning armor."
"I don't know about all that but, your welcome. Go put some ice on your face." She nods an get out of my car, she goes around to my side. I roll down the window, her lips kiss my cheek, she rushes off quickly. My cheek hot where she kissed me, I try not to smile all big and goofy as she looks back before she goes in.
She waves  before i drive off,
She got you dude....
I shake my head as I drive off to my house, I can't get this stupid smile off my face now.
Dude you could of had her! You saved her!
I can guarantee you she will be all happy and smiles with Brandon tomorrow like nothing ever happened. She doesn't want me she's just playing with me, I don't have time for that. I got football and school to fill my time, girls are going to be the last thing right now. Unless they are DTF, if not then, then I don't care.
You want more than causal hook ups and you know it.
I'll survive brain I promise, I close my eyes and let my mind and body rest.