11. Your first mission

"Bucky?" You whisper to your brother. The avengers were called on a mission that you ended up tagging along with. It was also your first mission with the team and you were partnered with your brother and he was heading towards a sketchy abandoned barn.

"Yeah?" He whispered as he cautiously approached the entrance while holding his gun. You were getting weird vibes from this place and you of all people never get scared or spooked.

"I don't think we should go in here... I mean this isn't even close to where we should be scoping." You whisper to him. He stops in his tracks and turns to you surprised. "Are you scared?" He looked at you surprised.

"No. I just have a bad feeling Buck, and usually when I have an intuition I usually follow it and I'm still alive right now right?" You gestured to yourself. "And I would like to stay that way." You added. He just rolled his eyes and continued on. You sighed and followed him.

The moment you stepped foot inside a stench hit your enhance nosed. It stopped you in your tracks. It smelled like death and decay. It smelled like ill intention or maybe even evil. "Bucky." You whisper yelled. "We need to leave now." You said sternly.

"We're on a mission Y/N, we need to make sure nothing is here." He looked irritated and continued. Your such an idiot you thought to yourself.

The barn was dark and dusty with the wood splintered and broken. Each stall was dark and empty. You and Bucky rounded a corner that led to more stalls and you saw blood in a circle with symbols on it on one of them. "If That doesn't alarm You Bucky then you have issues." You hissed at him. "Bucky.. bro.. this has dark magic voodoo nonsense written all over it, Ok? This isn't safe for us. Your still human more or less so we need to leave." You reach out and grab his arm.

"Y/N that's enough. You can't just avoid things, that's not how it works if yo-" Buck was cut off by a bleat of what sounded like a goat. Goats. Of course. It had to be goats. You thought.

Bucky quickly followed the noise and both of you ended up in front of a stall with what you guess is supposed to be goats. However they looked slightly demonic and mutated. Well these are gonna give me nightmares. You thought to yourself.

"What the hell?" Bucky looked disgusted and disturbed.

"Hell is probably exactly where they came from. Like I said, We need to get out of here." You said gripping his metal arm and pulling. You had enough of his games and you weren't about to die today so you led the metal armed idiot to the nearest exit.

As you approached the exit you heard a loud noise that seemed to be approaching very fast. So, you act on instinct and yank your idiot brother into one of the stalls. You both give each other a knowing look and Bucky preps his weapon. You peek out just enough to watch the exit but not be noticed.

The sound grew louder and louder and then a vintage, beat up blue and green car drove by. The car was dirty and dented with the paint chipped.

"What is it?" He whispered.

"I think it's him." You responded. It was the guy the avengers had come for which meant he could possibly be more dangerous than assumed after seeing this place.

After the car drove by Bucky nodded and you both ran like hell. Bucky of course let you go first being the gentleman he is. Which in turn resulted in him saving his own life. After you ran out, the car sped in reverse with another guy shooting at you. You were shot at least 8 times but thank god you weren't human anymore or you would've died.

"Y/N!" Bucky shouted as he shot back.

"I'll ... be fine! But I'm gonna say it! I TOLD YOU!" You yelled at him as you continued to run towards the avengers. You needed to get the bullets out before you resumed fighting because having bullets in your heart wasn't exactly comfortable, although you've had cramps that have hurt more than this.