Four

Barbara's POV

I could not process of what had just happened.

Violetta.

My best friend.

But I cant put all the blame on her either- She does not know about Ansel and I do actually have a thing going on though the 'thing' is not clear yet.

But she should have known.

She's my best friend. She should have known.

"You should invite your friend Ansel to come join us for dinner again, Barbara, he's a nice boy."

I put down my tea and scoffed, "He isnt going to step another foot in here, and never will."

And I ran to my room and slammed the door behind me.

I roll over and pull my blankets on.

"Barbara" whispers a voice.

I shut my eyes, pretending to sleep, and deny whoever just called my name.

"Barbara," says the voice again, now with a knock.

"Barbara,"

I realized that the voice is not coming from that door.

But from my balcony door.

I gulp then pull off my blankets. Without checking or glancing out from the window, I open the balcony door quick and-

"Barbara."

Ansel Elgort stood tall in front of me in this middle of the night, one bucket of red roses in his right hand. He is wearing a gray shirt and short pants. His eyes are tired red, looked like he hasn't been sleeping since forever.

"H-how long have you been standing in here?" I hesitate.

"An hour," He smiles faintly.

I breathe and blinked a couple times, "What do you want" I cross my arms, remembering the fact that he was choosing my best friend over me two or three hours ago.

His mouth forms a word, but he let it out as a whisper which is clearly heard since it is just two of us now,

"You"

I look down then up to his eyes. He looks like he's about to fall down.

"Come in," I finally say, voice slowing down.

I let him crash his body to my bed, lay himself on my queen sized bed.

I still have my arms crossed together, this whole thing is confusing me.

What did he meant?

"I'm gonna get you a dri-"

"No," He sat up.

"Stay here" He begs.

"Ansel your whole acting is confusing me." I blurt.

"Three hours ago you were with my best friend, you completely chose her over me. What now? You came in and try to get me back by giving me flowers? Do you think I will accept you back?" I snap.

He shakes his head, grins, then gave me a code to step closer to him.

I am now standing straight in front of him, whose sitting in my bed.

"I love you and you are all I want" He smiles wide.

"That is so lame" I smirk.

"I dont care," He grins.

"What?"

Ansel shakes his head again then brought my hands to his,

"Moving on is a stupid move. I still want my past and I know it is you.

You, Barbara, is my past, present, and my future. I can see you in your wedding dress while me in my tux. I can see us in our future.

I don't care if you're not ready yet to be in a relationship again Barbara. I never did. This stupid thing is called love, and once you're trapped into their game, you can never get out. I can't ever get out of your love, and that is why I'm waiting here until you're ready."

I felt happy tears running through my cheeks as he continued his speech. Every word, sent a zillion butterflies into my stomach and every stare, melts my cold cold heart that I completely forgot that he has just upstted me a few hours ago.

"I realize that I can't love another woman next to you. Oh, don't forget to count my mom," He jokes, making me laugh in the middle of these tears.

"-And my grandma too, she makes spaghettis."

I smile wider then use my sweater's sleeve to wipe my tears.

"It's actually cute though to see you jealous" He says.

"It made me understand one thing." He rubs my fingers as he stares into me,

"That you love me back."

I let out a laugh again, "I've always loved you." I say, now wiping the drops of tears in his eyes. I ran my tiny hand to his cheek and smile,

"Always have and always will."

Heya guyss just wanting to let you know that this whole Ansel love story thingy is just a fillerrr while shai is gone and dont worry it wont be long! Shai is coming back really soon so um yeah heres the fourth chapter!