"I know"

Ansel

I bounced the ball again and for the 20th time I striked it to the ring. The night air has made me shiver but I feel like having no intention to get inside.

A big figure was coming by. I already saw his shadow coming towards me. His hands were down on his two jacket's pockets, and I could clearly his breath in the air since it was very cold.

"You're not in the hospital?" I ask, bouncing the ball once before shooting it again, still not eyeing him.

I felt him shaking his head, "No, Matt's in charge."

I grabbed the ball again and sat in the bench next to him.

"You wanna talk?" I ask.

"Or do you wanna cry?" I ask, definitely not mocking, but more like- stating.

"I prefer both." He says simply, putting out his hands off his pockets then brought his fist together, to keep himself warm.

"48 hours" He starts, his voice was raspy and deep as a bass.

I rolled my eyes, "Dude- Theo- You need to stop counting how much time she has left-"

"48 hours" He croaks, but this time, I heard a sob in the last word he spoke.

"What should I do on her last 48 hours?" He asks me.

"You need to live the life. At least for one more time. Forget about the things- forget about her health forget about the problems just- Let her live her life. At least for one more time." I suggest.

"Are you telling me to take her to clubs and get her drunk?" He snaps.

"No, brother."

"Take her to a place she really wants to be in. Take her to a place where she can forgets about everything. Take her to a place she really wanted to spend the last minutes of her life in."

Theo remained silent- His deep glare was there on the ground, and so I pat his back.

"I don't wanna lose her" He silently says.

And Shai's innocent face suddenly appeared in my head. I remembered the times I had with her, how she came to me for love and life advices and how we really felt like siblings. I suddenly imagined her dying in my head.

And I asked myself,

would I be able to bear myself without her presence too?

"I know" I mutter quickly, once again, I pat his back