Chapter 16

Mackenzie's p.o.v

But.. Cody's my cousin.. I can't date my own cousin! I look at him. He's perfect. Shut the fuck up, Mackenzie, you can't date your cousin!! I glance at him again. Or can I? I looks up at me and smiles. Oh my gosh. His smile! It can light up any room within two seconds. He walks over to me, leans in and whispers, "Dinners ready" He winks as he walks to the table. Tease. I walk to a seat and sit down. I begin to eat when I get a phone call. I look down at the caller ID and it said: Lainey "Excuse me" I smile. They all just nod and continue eating. I run to the bathroom. "What do you want?!" I grumble. I was a little mad because It was embarrassing walking out on my family like that. "We're having a killing spree for your birthday. We're on our way to pick you up. " She stated simply. I squealed with joy. "Omg! You guys are taking me on another killing spree?! You guys are the best!" I said happily. I swear she was smiling. "We try" she laughed. I giggled. "So you have my gun and knife? Oh! Also bring an extra axe!" I added. "Of course!" She said. I heard muffling in the background. "Okay! We'll be there shortly!" Lainey sighed. "Kay. Bye!" I chirped. I end the call and open the bathroom door. I freeze when I see my younger cousin, Addy, listening. "y-you're a killer?!" she stuttered, looking terrified. She was only 10. I squatted and held her hands. "No honey! That was a joke. That was why I laughed. Don't worry about it, Abby!! I'm safe!" I smile. She believed me and nodded. "Okay" she whispered. Then she hugged me. I smiled and hugged her back. I got up and walked to the dinner table. "I'm so sorry everyone but, my friends are taking me out! Thank you for the amazing dinner!" I announced. I gave everyone a hug and a kiss goodbye. When I got to Cody he hugged me and put his hands really low. "So. Will you go out with me?" he smirked. I smiled at him and kissed his cheek. "Yes" he grinned. He already had my number so I walked out and told him to text me later. i waited outside for everyone. In about 5 minutes a black escalade pull up in the drive way. Lainey jumps out of the car and runs up and hugs me. I hug back. "Hey, can you take me home first? You know.. so i can change" I ask. She just starts laughing. "Duhh" she replied. I got in the car and put my seatbelt on. I was sitting next to Dark Link. "Hey birthday girl" he smiled. It the first genuine smile he's given in a long time. "Hey!" I laughed. I look at what he was wearing. A black v-neck shirt, black skinny jeans with a few holes in them and some white converse. "Looking fancy Dark" I joked. He stuck his tongue out at me. I felt my phone vibrate in my lap. I look down and checked who it was. Cody.
💕cody💕: hey lil mama. 😍

I almost laughed at what he said. Lil mama? Really? I think about what to say back.

Me: hey bae😘

Really? Bae? It takes him two seconds to reply.

💕cody💕: miss you ...

I snickered. Of course. I was getting ready to reply when Dark Link looks over at my phone. "Who ya texting?" he asks. I jump, a little startled because I don't expect him to do that. "no one!" I said quickly and locked my phone. He must have saw the texts or the contact name raise he raised his eyebrows. "I'm telling Jeff" he laughed evilly. "Shit no-" but I stopped myself. "So. Who cares. He has Kiana." I say straight faced. I hated that bitch. "Okay.. whatever." he trailed off. What? did Jeff still like me?