☼ four ☼

april 2009
twelve years old

Jughead and Archie watched the three kids in awe.

Sweet Pea, Toni, and Fangs. Young serpents.

They were 4 years older than Archie and Jughead and we're the youngest serpents.

Jugheads dad became leader of the serpents in January. Despite living on the south side, FP refused to let Jughead ever be a serpent. He said it was too dangerous for him and he didn't want him to live a life as chaotic as being a serpent.

Jughead dreamed of being one though. Everyone else wanted to be like Superman, the black eyed peas, Beyoncé, or just about anyone famous.

Jughead, on the other hand, wanted to be like Sweet Pea, Toni, and Fangs.

"Jug you don't even know them. They could be mean."

"They probably are mean. But they do it with passion." Jughead retorted.

"What? That doesn't even make sense." Archie said.

"What I mean is, they get to do whatever they want. Well alright maybe not whatever I'm sure there's rules. But they're in a GANG Archie. Being in a gang just sounds cool. They're basically the young leaders of the south side. I wanna do that some day." Jughead rambled. Him and Archie were hiding in a bush watching the serpents from afar.

Probably the most basic and easy to find hiding place  but whatever.

"Why be a young leader of some gross side of town that you know nothing about when you can be a young leader of the north side. With me." Archie said sounding hopeful.

Jughead looked like he was thinking about it than quickly said, "Nah."

Archie hung his head and huffed.

"I just don't understand what's got you so worked up over them Jug. The north side hates them. I'm not sure why but they do."

"It's probably some dumb reason. Like the south side stole their dignity or something." Jughead said rolling their eyes.

"No I don't think it's that. I hear my parents talking about the south side a lot. I haven't heard them say anything about dignity."

The two went quiet for a moment. Both in their own little worlds.

Jughead's eyes still glued to watching the serpent trio. Archie questioning why he wished Jughead would look at him like that.

Archie turned to Jughead with wide eyes. "Jughead I just realized something."

"What?" Jughead said sounding unamused.

"Jug look at me."

Jughead turned to Archie with an eyebrow raised.

"The north side and the south side are enemies. So that means if  you join the serpents when you're older, we will be enemies." Archie said sadly.

Jughead rolled his eyes again much to Archie's dismay. "Archie we won't be enemies when we're older. Look at my dad and yours. They're still friends."

"What? Since when? Last time they hung out was New Year's Eve. Ever since then there's been a tension between them. I think it's because your dad joined the serpents."

Jughead glares at him. Archie hates when he does that.

"This sounds like you're blaming it on my dad."

"I'm not blaming him. I'm just saying that there's tension between the north and south. Your dad and my dad used to be really close friends. But now they aren't. I just don't want that to happen with us."

Jughead sighed and sat on his knees facing Archie. "That won't happen to us."

"How can you be so sure."

"Because you're the only person who wanted to be my friend. And I admire you for that. I'll always admire you for that. So what makes you think I'll be enemies with the one person who brought me out of my shell." Jughead was shocked with himself. He's never said anything meaningful like that to anyone.

The moon shown down through the bushes and Archie was glad that the shadows of the leaves hid his blushing face.

"Thanks Juggie. But I just want you to promise me something."

"Maybe."

"We'll always be friends."

"I can promise that."

"One more thing...please just don't join the serpents. I know that we would still be able to be friends but it's too dangerous and I don't wanna see you get hurt."

"I can't promise you that Archie."

"Yes you can cmon Juggie please. Pretty please?" Archie said making puppy eyes.

Jughead groaned. "Fine."

Archie smiled and leaned over to wrap Jughead in a hug.

"This doesn't mean that I'm doing class president or any shit like that Archie."

Archie giggled and pulled away from the hug. "Cmon, lets go back to my house. My dads probably wondering where we are. We can watch a horror movie if you want and we can make brownies to eat while we watch it."

Jughead smiled. "You know me so well."

Omg guys I'm so sorry that was such a short chapter.

Does anyone actually read these?

But I wanted to let you guys know that I made drill team as I said I was trying out in my last update. I'm really happy I'm on the team but it sucks ass boi. We have to practice for 3 hours in 90° weather.

I can't wait for fall *sighs*

But hey guess what? I don't have school tomorrow and I didn't have school Thursday and Friday because where I live I'm in the middle of a hurricane.

I👏🏻hope👏🏻i👏🏻die👏🏻

Lmao jk lemme just finish this story first and go to a 5sos concert than I can die peacefully.

~Kaitie