☼ twelve ☼

february 2011
fourteen years old

For the first time in almost a month, Archie was packing his things for school. After what happened his parents wanted to just homeschool him the rest of the year. He wouldn't have it though. His mom so badly wanted whoever did this to Archie to get punished but Archie just kept lying to her saying that he didn't know who did it. Although he could've easily had them punished quickly. He had two of the groups first and last names. He even knew where one of them lived.

A video was spread of Archie the day the incident happened. He figured it was Jughead who took it because he would've seen Ridge or Clint take it. It had circled the school anonymously. So everyone saw what happened to Archie. Archie even saw the video too. It made him want to die. He didn't want to go to school but he knew he had to. He couldn't hide forever.

Now he was packing his bag getting ready to possibly face them again. He didn't feel safe. But Reggie had his back. Him jaycee and Betty said they would walk with him to each of his classes. He didn't think it was necessary. But he loved his friends and wouldn't mind the company.

He walked past his parents room and saw they were both still asleep. He quietly shut their door. He walked to the kitchen and grabbed an apple and started eating it as he walked out the door to his bus stop.

•••

Once he arrived at school he felt like all eyes were on him. It was just like the day he came back from break. Except this time there was no giggling girls or no high fives. There was no pride in his walk either. He felt weak. Normally he would love the attention but now he wished that no one would ever look at him ever again.

"Hey look it's "Fuck you"!" He heard someone say.

"Damn what a pussy he was really too scared to come to school."

"You looked better with the spray paint fucktard!"

"Go back to the hospital your face still looks screwed up!"

Jaycee ran over to Archie and grabbed him pulling him away.

She even slapped someone as she dragged Archie away.

She pulled him into a closet where Betty and Reggie also were.

"Arch we think you should go home." Betty said.

"No I can't. I have to be here. I can't hide forever Betty." Archie sighed.

"We're worried about you Archie." Jaycee held his hand lightly.

"Yah man this isn't where you should be." Reggie patted Archie's shoulder. "We just want the best for you."

"I know you guys do but this is my problem I gotta just face it and move on."

"We've been reporting the video everytime we see it Archie." Betty said hoping to make some light of the situation.

"Thank-wait it's still spreading? It already happened a month ago why is it still going around?" Archie said nervously.

"Well..." Jaycee started as she looked from Reggie and Betty to Archie. She was hoping one of them would say it so she didn't have to but she knew they wouldn't. "The video spread to south side high as well..and other schools. Some serpents have been threatening you Archie." She squeezed his hand this time.