☼ fourteen ☼

march 2011
fourteen years old
*part 2 except its the weekend now*

Archie sat on the train with his legs up on the seat beside him. He couldn't believe he was actually doing this, especially without his parents knowledge.

Reggie ended up winning the bestest best friend award by covering for Archie saying he was sleeping over his house and even paying for the train ticket.

Archie had a knapsack with him that contained his sketchbook, pencils, blanket, water bottle, couple snacks, a map of rosewood he printed off the internet, and his Walkman and earbuds. He picked it up where it was laying propped up against the seat.

He took out the pencil that was tucked into the spirals and began writing. He realized he never wrote Jughead a letter last year so he figured "no time like the present"

Dear Juggie...or Jughead actually you don't deserve to be called Juggie considering you moved without telling me and have been kinda a skeez to me lately :/. Never mind I'm sorry that was harsh. I guess we are both just going through this whole teen angst bullshit. Lately I've been blaming all my problems on that but I shouldn't.

Honestly Jughead if I would've known that our friendship would've been screwed I would've never destroyed you and the reject serpents little hut area. Actually now that I think about it i don't even know what started this whole mess. I just know that I'm ready to fix it now. And I hope you are too. Welp theres only one way to find out.

~Archie

Oh and p.s you better be kissing my ass I'm going out of the house without parent permission traveling on a very smelly train for 3 and a half hours just to see you and I don't even know if you wanna see me so xoxo

Archie finished the letter and flipped to a new page and started doodling. He really has no idea what to expect. He contacted Clint again who has been surprisingly willing to give him the info he needs. He got Jugheads apartment address from him so at least he had a starting point. Not gonna lie, he was kinda jealous that Jughead told Clint where he would be going and all the juicy details and not Archie but Archie did not have time to be jealous.

Archie yawned and looked out the window. It was 6 pm and the sky started turning pretty colors. He took his phone out and snapped a picture. It didn't come out as good as he wanted it too tho. The train was moving too fast and his iPhone 4 wasn't the best at taking pictures. (just wanna point out that the year is 2011 and the iPhone 4 was on the market so🤷🏻‍♀️ugh the nostalgia please look up what an iPhone 4 looked like and you'll see what I mean)

Then again, Juggie could take a picture of a sky with pretty colors on a fast moving train with an iPhone 4 and make it look like a masterpiece. Archie so badly wanted to send that photo to Juggie just so he can get a long message back about how crappy it looked or how the reflection of the lights against the window ruined the photo. 

There was one thing about Jughead that only Archie knew and it was that Jughead is a sucker for sunsets.

Archie leaned his head back against the window as a memory played through his head.

*august 2009
twelve years old*

"Juggie your leg is bleeding a lot we need to go home and get that fixed up"