☼ five ☼

july 2009
twelve years old

It was a hot summers day. Like really hot. Hotter than Ashton Irwin when he's drumming. Well he was like 15 in 2009. So that's kinda weird. Anyways that's not the point.

Jughead, Archie, Betty, and Reggie were making their way down the trail that led to the lake. They were all in their bathing suits and Reggie and Archie could not take their eyes off Betty.

12 years old boys will think any 12 year old girl looks good in a bikini.

Jughead wasn't really phased. He didn't understand why seeing skin was such a mesmerizing things. Okay yah a shoulder? What's so attractive about that? You have a shoulder too go drool over your own. None of this made sense to him.

Archie on the other hand really wished that Betty would stop and take a minute to notice his biceps that he's been attempting to work on.

They aren't there Archie stop dreaming.

Archie and Reggie have been going to the gym lately. They're so close to being in 7th grade. 7th grade is the year that everyone goes insane for. 6th graders aren't allowed to try out for any teams. Once you're in 7th grade you're allowed to try out for any team you want.

Archie and Reggie have been talking about trying out for the football team ever since middle school started. They've been trying to show how dedicated they are by going to the gym and doing some light workouts. After they do their workouts they go into the basketball gym and practice throwing a football to each other back and forth and learning the positions.

Betty and Reggie were walking ahead of Archie and Jughead. Reggie was swinging his portable radio back and forth while saying something that made Betty laugh.

"You know how to swim right?" Archie asked. There was an awkward silence between them and Archie didn't like it.

"You're asking me this now?"

"Wait do you?" Archie asked sounding a bit worried.

"Archie me and you were literally at the lake yesterday. I don't remember drowning at any point or time so I think I'm good."

"Sorry. That's right I forgot about that. There's just a lot of things on my mind right now." Archie said.

"The fact that you could be working out with Reggie now but you're stuck with a pretty girl and a loser?"

"If there's anyone here whose a loser it's Reggie."

Reggie turned around in a jolt. "What was that Andrews?"

"He said that you're a loser." Jughead shouted.

Archie nudged Jughead hard.

"How am I a loser Archie?"

"Reggie you couldn't even lift a 10 when we went to the gym while I was over there lifting 20's." Archie said proudly.

"Archie stop showing off so much. You're only 12 not 20. Chill out." Betty said.

"Pretty girl just told you to chill out. Better step up your game." Jughead said nudging Archie back.