☼ seven ☼

June 2010
thirteen years old
*where everything goes wrong*

trigger warning: weed is involved in this chapter, just wanted to give a warning in case that triggers anyone

"Parties aren't my thing Archie. You're my best friend so you of all people should know that." Jughead argued.

Jughead, Archie, Betty, and Reggie were sat at the lunch table. Reggie grimaced when Jughead called himself Archie's best friend. But then he smirked knowing Archie would back him up.

"Of course you're my best friend! And all I want is the best for you!" Archie said to Reggie's disappointment.

"Parties are fun Jughead!" Betty smiled at him.

Jughead looked at Betty and rolled his eyes. He used to like her. Halloween night he had a crush on her. He thinks the Harley Quinn costume did it because the day after he found her just as annoying as he did before.

"We are 13 Betty. We shouldn't be going to high school parties." Jughead commented.

"Polly went to parties when she was in eighth grade! I think it's nice that she's inviting us." Betty said.

"Yah cmon jug. You need to get out of this angsty teen aura. Live a little." Archie said smiling at him. "Be like me."

"Did you really just say "be like me"? God I think I'm gonna gag." Jughead said putting his head on the table.

Reggie looked at archie. "Arch if he doesn't wanna go don't make him go." Reggie really didn't want Jughead to go. Lately he's been stealing Archie from him. In the past it was bearable because he didn't think Jughead would still be around. But two years later he's still around and Reggie doesn't want anything to do with him.

Reggie also didn't understand why Archie was so googly eyes over Jughead. At least it would give him a chance to get with Betty if Archie's just revolving around Jughead.

"I know but I want Jughead to hang out with us!"

"You act like he doesn't hang out with us every freaking day." Reggie said annoyed.

Jughead lifted his head up not liking the attitude in Reggie's voice.

"Reg, were not asking you to hang out with us at the party." Betty said.

Reggie looked at Betty hurt thinking she would take his side.

"Whatever I'm leaving. I'm gonna find someone else to take me." Reggie got up and roughly pushed his chair in and left to go sit at a different lunch table.

"I'm gonna go talk to him." Archie said getting up.

"You think he's mad because there's a possibility of me going?" Jughead asked turning to Betty.

"Don't let reggie discourage you from going Jug. He's just jealous." Betty shrugged.

"Jealous? Wait-of me?"

"Him and Archie have been best friends since second grade. They're inseparable. Reggie doesn't really have any friends besides Archie. So when someone new comes in and Archie's attention diverts to someone else that isn't Reggie, he gets jealous." Betty explained.