☼ six ☼

february 2010
thirteen years old

Archie sat at his desk confused as to how he's been staring at the blank sheet of paper for 10 minutes yet nothing's written down.

Writing a letter to a best friend should be easy shouldn't it?

Then why was  he struggling so bad?

It's just Jughead.

Jughead has amazing eyes, amazing hair, amazing sense of style, amazing lips, but all of that is too gay and Archie basically salutes at the term, "no homo"

Archie looked at the clock and saw that he had to be at the bus in 5 minutes. He groaned and shoved the paper away.

Stupid Betty is probably gonna get him a Valentine's Day gift anyways.

•••

Archie walked proudly into his classroom with his gift bag for Betty. He wasn't surprised as he received a bunch of gifts from random girls but there was only one girl on his mind.

See here's the thing. Archie loves and hates Betty. He loves Betty because she's just so loveable and she's so pretty and so cute and ah. But he hates her at the same time because lately she's been hanging out with Jughead a lot.

To the point where people are starting to spread rumors about them dating. Archie didn't like that.

Yah it's okay for Betty to date whoever she wants but he didn't want that person to be Jughead. He has nothing against Jughead it's just he feels like they aren't compatible enough like him and Betty are.

Archie looked over at where Betty was sitting and saw that she was getting all these gift bags from other guys. Archie frowned a bit and sat down and watched from afar at all the gifts she was getting.

Most of them were these big heart boxes of chocolates, tons of flowers, and love notes.

Archie's jaw dropped.

All he got her was a gift card for the movies.

He looked down at his small gift bag and at her big gift bags and grumbled something under his breath and pushed the bag off his desk and huffed.

He felt someone sit beside him making him peek up.

"Contemplating your life again Andrews?" Reggie asked.

"What else would I possibly doing?" Archie sighed.

"Jeez i dunno maybe giving Betty that gift you got her?"

"No can do." Archie said kicking the bag that's now on the floor.

"What? Why not? I bet you went all out for her."

"Well what did you get her?"

"I got her a bunch of candy."

"Ugh see! That's exactly why I can't give mine to her!" Archie groaned retreating back to laying his head on the desk.

"Oh please your gift can't be that bad." Reggie reached down and grabbed the gift bag and opened it and cringed a bit. "Yah you're screwed."