☼ nine ☼

august 2010
thirteen years old

"Wow. I am fucking slumped."

"Reggie just because we moved up a grade doesn't mean you can drop the f bomb into every sentence." Archie said. "Besides what do you think I should do?"

"Hmmm" Reggie said looking around the room. He gasped and then looked back at Archie. "Natalie Summers."

"Reggie I said WHAT do you think I should do not WHO. Besides we're freshman in high school!"

"So you can smoke weed in eighth grade but can't mess with a girl in ninth grade."

"Please let that go I really need help Reg." Archie said looking at him desperately.

"Alright alright what's your problem again?"

"I haven't seen Jughead since the day that he came by to my house." Archie looked down remembering the day as if it was yesterday.

Reggie grabbed his chest and dramatically staggered back. "Oh no! Lord give me strength and pray for my dear friend Archie as he goes through this crisis!"

Archie will never admit it but 2 months without Jughead Jones sure felt like a crisis.

"Reggie if you're gonna act like this I'm gonna go talk to Betty."

"Wait so she's cool with you?"

"If you would have listened to me earlier I told you that I was over Betty's house yesterday!" Archie said getting up and walking across the classroom to Betty's seat.

Meanwhile Reggie already had his head down asleep on the desk.

Archie felt distant with Reggie. He wasn't sure if it was the party that did it or because Archie's been moping about Jughead. Then again Jughead was all Archie talked about with anyone.

And here he was, going to someone else who would actually listen to him talk about Jughead.

"Hey Bets." Archie said sitting beside her.

"Oh hey Arch!" Betty said putting her pencil down after writing in her journal.

"Are you writing fanfiction again?"

"Nah thats only for the computer. My hand doesn't have the energy to write that much smut especially if its explic-"

"Betty shut up!! I really don't care about that stuff!" Archie said, his face getting red.

"Sorry sorry. What's going on?"

"Well...i don't know maybe it's not that big of a deal I'm just being a pussy."

"Well you are what you eat-well actually you're a different case." Betty smirked.

"What's that supposed to mean?!" Archie exclaimed.

"It's whatever, what's this problem you're having with Jughead though?"

"How do you know it's about Juggie?"