☼ thirteen ☼

march 2011
fourteen years old

After what happened at Sweetwater river it was hard for Archie to get back into the swing of things. He continued going to school and things started to calm down about the video. It was the first week of March so it was bound to calm down by now to his relief. He felt like maybe this could be his second chance at being himself again.

But there was still one thing he couldn't figure out. Did he hate Jughead or was he just relieved that he just so happened to follow him to Sweetwater river that day. It felt nice to have that small moment with him. But no matter what he still can't look at Jughead the same. Maybe it was possible for him to forgive his old friend especially after he just saved his life. But maybe Jughead was a different person when he wasn't with his new friends.

Although despite recent events, he was looking forward to seeing Jughead today in hopes to reconcile their friendship. Archie walked through the parking lot of the school towards the doors thinking to himself things that he could say to Jughead.

"Hey thought you should know I miss you..."
"Yooo remember when we were inseparable?"
"I still got an ice cream carton saved for you in the fridge just in case you need it if cassia dumps you..."
"Hey remember when we used to go down to the lake every Fourth of July sometimes with betty and reggie sometimes us two? Wanna repeat history with me this Fourth of July?"

None of it felt like it would work.

Archie walked through the hall trying not to be seen. Although it was kind of impossible with that fiery red hair and the reputation of "hey I let myself get beat up by two reject serpents and then tried to kill myself because I'm a weak ass pussy 😙✌🏻" hanging over his head. Archie told betty he was a weak ass pussy and she almost slapped him.

Archie wasn't sure what to do about Jaycee. He liked her but he felt like he wasn't putting in any effort. They had only been dating for about 2 weeks but he could already tell she really liked him. So last night he went to her house gave her roses and told her he was breaking up with her. It was stupid. But the roses were more of a "I'm sorry for what's about to happen" gift. It was hard for Archie to really love anyone except Jughead. Even though at this point he couldn't place his feelings for Jughead. He can tell Jughead is still trying to hold onto that piece of him from what he once was but if he continues to hang out with the reject serpents it's not going to happen.

Speaking of the reject serpents he walked past them and was shocked to not see Jughead.

He kept walking though and found his way to his classroom. He spotted a very computer focused Betty and sat next to her.

"Which cold case are you writing a report on now Bets?" Archie asked.

"You and Jugheads love life." Betty said without taking her eyes off the computer.

"Can't be too long then considering it never existed in the first place..actually speaking of love life do you know if he's still dating Cassia?"

Betty looked at Archie frowning. "Seriously? You break up with Jaycee and are already trying to get Jughead back?"

"What? No! I didn't break up with Jaycee because of Jughead. I broke up with her because I feel like I'm not in the right spot to date someone right now." Archie shrugged.