☼ eleven ☼

the first day back after winter break 2011
fourteen years old

He was right. Archie felt good.

He was happy. He spent the whole break with Betty and Reggie and one of Betty's friends, Jaycee, who Archie took a liking to. It was a time for him to get over his old friend. And it worked out perfectly. Him Reggie, Betty, and Jaycee spent winter break sneaking out of their houses at midnight to go to pops, having baking contests, going bowling, going ice skating, everything was perfect.

One of the things that happened during winter break which was Archie's favorite, was go to Sweetwater River, underneath the bridge where Jughead and his new clique would hang out. Luckily they weren't there. Archie had the dumb but brilliant idea to mess around with them. He spray painted all over their art. He threw their cigarette packs in the river. He even found a journal that said "Ridge Davis" and he took a lighter that he found and burned it. He figured it was the name of some other place they would hang out.

Archie knew he'd get punished for it. Not if he avoids them though at all costs. He didn't tell his friends about what he did though. He felt like Betty and Jaycee would scold him for it. But it felt good though. It was the last and final step of getting over Jughead.

Now he walked through the school with pride. Everything felt like it was back to normal. Girls were giggling at him as he passed, guys were high fiving him. He felt like the school was his. He walked over to Reggie, Betty, and Jaycee who were waiting by his locker. "Hello ladies" he said as he approached.

"Okay just because I've been watching the bachelor doesn't mean you gotta call me out like that" Reggie grumbled.

"Wait Reggie watches the bachelor?" Jaycee exclaimed.

"Jeez Reg what a way to expose yourself."

"Yah jace can you say that any louder? I don't think the dude with the hearing aids on the second floor could hear you."

"Reggie stop that's mean!" Betty said.

"Oh cmon bets it's not Reggie's fault that he can't get a girl so he looks to a guy who gets loads for advice."

"I swear I'm the one always getting attacked but when Archie takes a Zumba class nooooooo you guys still find a way to nit pick at me!" Reggie said offended.

"I like taking Archie to Zumba class with me he's a terrible dancer." Jaycee said smiling at Archie.

"Went once never again" Archie said opening his locker to grab his books.

The bell rang and Reggie walked off without saying goodbye. Betty rolled her eyes and waved at Archie and Jaycee as she left.

Archie looked at Jaycee and smiled a bit. "I have to go to the back building for Sociology so I won't be able to walk you to class today."

"No worries Arch. I'll make it fine on my own." She said smiling.

"I'll see you during lunch Jace."

"Bye Arch!" She said as she skipped away.

Archie put his books into his bag and walked out of the school. Not many people had to go to the back building for 1st block so Archie was walking alone. The back building was just used for other classes that they couldn't fit into the school. The school had two floors but was still kind of small.