41

jack gilinsky

"jack.." johnson mutters, sitting me down on his bed. "that's sexual assault. you know that, right?"

"really?"

"yeah, man." he frowns. "..are you alright?"

"it was uncomfortable.." i murmur, staring down at the ground.

"i'm surprised you told me." he admits. "you haven't been telling me a lot, lately."

"i know." i sigh, "and i'm sorry."

"it's fine." he shrugs. "as long as you're at least telling someone."

"i am." i nod. "amara."

he nods with a small smile, "good. she's cool."

"yeah, she is."

"listen," he sits straight up. "you've gotta stop hanging around meredith, alright? i know she can be a nice girl, but you and i both know she doesn't have the best interest for you. she's using you."

i nod, thinking about her. i didn't want to be around her anymore.

"can i tell you something else, too?"

he looks over at me curiously, "yeah. of course, dude."

"you know my brother..rafael."

"yeah. what about him?"

i sigh, looking past him and at the blank wall behind him. "he got in a car accident a few months ago, and he's been in a coma ever since."

+

i took a deep breath, inhaling the aroma of the weed i'd smoked in my bedroom. i exhale, realizing i'm fucked if my grandma smells that, especially since my sister's home too.

i lift myself off of my bed, closing the bag and shoving it underneath my mattress.

i head into our guest bedroom, searching through the multiple drawers. i pull out a bottle of febreeze, holding it out in front of me and deciding whether i should put it to use.

"what are you doing?"

i grimace at her voice, slowing looking over at her. "just uh, looking at some febreeze."

she raises an eyebrow in amusement, "any reason?"

"..nope."

"i can smell it from the kitchen, jack." she informs. "i'm gonna take adrianna to cheesecake factory since she's been asking for it all week. i was gonna ask you to come along, but not while you're like this." she says. "i want the smell gone by the time we come home."

"what if i can't—"

"you can." she calls as she heads down the stairs, eventually closing the front door and leaving me alone.

i decide to test the febreeze, walking into my room and spraying it everywhere.

i scrunch my nose at the weird scent the two smells collided into, shaking my head and tossing the bottle onto my bed.

i decided this would be a good excuse to have amara over, fishing my phone out from my pocket and pulling up our messages.

me -
i need help

amara -
lmao what now?

me -
can you come over??

i knew if i asked her my question, her immediate answer would be to look it up. half of the time, she made me look up formulas while tutoring me. i slowly stopped caring though, and just enjoyed the fact i was with her.