1♡

♡

"Hi

"Hi."

"Hello."

He stared at the ground, hands tucked deep in the pockets of his gray sweat pants.

I wanted so badly for him to look at me, yet my eyes were glued to my shaking hands.

I quickly unzipped my book bag and pulled out the letter.

"You can um..." I nearly choked. "You can have this back."

The way his wild, dark eyebrows came together, forming a tiny wrinkle in the middle caused a lump to form in my throat.

"You don't want it?"

His voice was warm honey, slow and thick. It was clear he had just woken up a few minutes before. His dark hair waved at me from every direction, the loose curls falling down across his forehead. He ran a hand through them and I had to look down again.

"No, I don't. " I answered. The soft cool breeze swept my own hair up, red strands getting stuck on my lips.

His eyes finally met mine and it took everything in me not to wrap myself in him; to walk straight into his long, muscular arms and be held against his chest. Like old times.

I felt his eyes gaze, taking in every detail. He towered over me, his body covering mine from the sunlight. His shoulders were broad and strong as he stepped closer.

I shook my head slowly and glanced up, my head rolling all the way back in order to see his face clearly. Before I could say or do anything else, I felt his giant hands come underneath my thighs as he knelt forward, our noses touching, and lifted my legs up off the ground. My book bag and the letter dropped. It happened so quick, I didn't have time to protest. My legs were now wrapped around his stomach, as his eyes bore into mine.

He made me feel weightless. He carried me with no effort, only one of his arms wrapped around my waist while his other hand tucked a strand of hair behind my ear.

He looked at me like I was magic as he leaned in. His lips so soft and warm; home.

I wrapped my arms around his neck, the tingling sensation in my stomach growing.

How could I try and forget him? When he was all I needed.

He set me back down gently, and as I opened my eyes, I realized the sunshine was gone.

Goosebumps spread across my arms.

The sky turned dark.

Rain began to pour.

I reached for his hand, but he was gone.

***

My eyes opened, as I gasped for air. The bright white lights burned. I was still reaching for him, when I felt the familiar tubes attached to my arms. My heart shattered as I recognized the beeping of the machine next to my bed.

The room was empty.

Just me; and the memory of a boy I loved before.

♡

*DISCLAIMER: This fanfic isn't about Holland Roden & Peter (even though I love Holland immensely) but her facial expressions match exactly what I imagine the main character's to be. Thanks so much for reading!*