♡22♡

I awoke to two blurry faces kneeling over me. I blinked twice, my vision clearing a bit.

"Peter?" I groaned, attempting to sit up.

Mrs. Kavinsky's face fell as she looked to Mr. Kavinsky. She placed a hand on the back of my head and murmured firmly. "Don't get up so fast. Take it easy."

"I'll get some water." Her husband ran to the refrigerator.

I looked around, realizing we were no longer in Peter's bedroom. Instead, we sat in the middle of the kitchen, sunlight burning my eyes through the shades. I turned my head furiously.

God, Peter where did you go?

Mr. Kavinsky passed me a glass of icy water and I gulped it down quickly, feeling a brain freeze coming on.

"Do you need me to call your mother?"

My eyes widened and I almost choked. "No! Please, no. Um, I'm actually-"

And there he was; sitting right on the kitchen counter. I imagined his mom scolding him and telling him to get down and him laughing while giving her a hug. A typical Peter thing to do.
His legs were criss crossed like a little kid's and he rested his head on his hand mouthing the words, Let's go.

"Um...I'm actually meeting someone." I finished.

Mrs. Kavinsky nodded, helping me stand. "Do you need a ride, or-?"

"No!"

Not sure why I shouted. I instantly felt bad, and wrapped my arms around her bony shoulders quickly. "Thank you. But um, I can walk there."

"Before you go," Mr. Kavinsky spoke. "Are these yours?"

He held up all three envelopes in his hands. I nearly threw up. "Oh my God, yes!" I tried not to snatch them away, but I ended up grabbing them from his hands quickly.

"They fell out of your pocket as I carried you down here. After you, you know, fainted. Um, are those Peter's, by any chance?"

He was referring to the words To Kizzy on each of the envelopes. My head started throbbing. I shoved the envelopes uncomfortably in my hoodie pocket and adjusted my glasses on my face. "Uh, he wrote them to me...a long time ago. I'm just now r-reading them..."