♡24♡

I awoke to the smell of bacon and eggs. My stomach growled like a lion as I rubbed my eyes. I stretched my legs and reached for my glasses, remembering everything. The kiss. Peter's heart beat. My stomach dropped and my nerves kicked in.

Ugh, I can't possibly eat now.

I rolled out of bed, not bothering to wash my face or fix my hair. I walked slowly down the stairs and found a plate of scrambled eggs with six strips of bacon on the side, along with some toast. My stomach continued to grumble as the scents filled my nostrils. I sighed, looking around. No sign of Peter whatsoever. I chewed a piece of bacon and nearly cried because of how delicious it was. My mouth watered as the crispiness danced on my tongue.

"Thanks Kavinsky." I whispered to the air, feeling utterly grateful.

"No problem."

I jumped and nearly knocked over the plate of food. "Jesus! Peter, what the hell?"

He stared at me blankly. "What?"

"You can't just sneak up on me like that!"

"Enjoying the bacon?" He smirked, crossing his arms.

My somach had finally ceased to growl and I rolled my eyes. "It tastes okay."

He widened his eyes like a puppy. "You don't like it? I'll make you something else,"

He dashed to the refrigerator before I could stop him.

"No, no! Peter, it's fine. It's great, actually. I was just kidding. It's delicious. Okay? Chill."

He resembled a lost child. "Oh... so you like it?"

"You kidding? Breakfast food in the afternoon is the best thing ever." I reassured him.

His shoulders relaxed and he wiped a pretend sweat from his eyebrow. "Whew! Awesome. If you hated it, I was going to try something else. Maybe mashed potatoes with some chicken wings."

I stabbed my scrambled eggs with a fork, smiling. "You know how to make that?"

He shut the refrigerator door and turned to me. "Well, no. But I'd try."

I didn't have time to respond, because at that moment, the front door opened and in came my mother looking frantic as ever.

I dropped my fork loudly on the plate by accident, and almost choked on scrambled egg.

"Hii honey, feeling okay?" She placed her purse on the kitchen table before planting a kiss on my forehead.

I coughed so much, I had tears. "Mom? What are you doing home so early?"

She dug in her purse for her phone. "I figured I'm always coming home late, and I know you're not feeling well. So I decided to just come home early."