♡12♡

To Kizzy

Hey. You looked so pretty today.

I reread it about a hundred times before giving it to Brynn. She placed it back in the baby blue colored envelope and put it in her bookbag, along with the pastel pink colored envelope containing the letter I had already read.

"He could've told you that in person, ya know."

I shrugged. "Either way, he still thought it at the time."

Brynn groaned. "Dude, last night was way too close. We can't risk him coming here again."

I sat up. "What? No, why?"

She eyed me suspiciously. "Because your mom would have killed me... and you wouldn't have a best friend anymore..."

"You're exaggerating."

She began saying something back, but there was a sudden sharp ringing in my ears. Her mouth was moving yet no words were coming out. The room went quiet. Too quiet. The side of her face became faded and I was only able to make out one of her eyes. Then I blinked and my best friend was completely gone. Everything was gone. I was in the middle of a blank white space. In complete nothingness. I quickly looked around, my eyes watering.

"Brynn!"

I called out. My voice was so hoarse. The back of my throat itched and I couldn't speak. I looked down at my body and saw that I was no longer on the hospital bed, but on the floor, or what felt like the floor. I slowly stood up and wrapped my arms around myself.

She's still here and I need her!

I heard a voice shout and turned around quickly. My heartbeat echoed in my ears as several voices murmured all around.

"Hello?!"

I screamed, my voice barely audible. Then a whisper shoved its way into my ears.

You're going to be okay.

I held my head in my hands as the white walls around me got closer and closer.

"HELP!"

My throat felt like I had swallowed tiny rocks and it became hard to breathe.

And then;

I was back in the hospital room, sitting up on the bed. Brynn was where she had been originally, talking.