♡11♡

I looked out the window while Ms. Powell spoke. Peter's new seat was right beside mine and he would always lean back, his arm instinctively going on the back of my chair. Sometimes I'd wonder how it would feel if his arm was actually around me.

"...I hope you're all working extremely hard on your assignment. It's fifty percent of your grade, if you didn't already know..." Ms. Powell continued.

I suddenly felt strands of hair on my cheek. A voice whispered close in my ear. "Hey, I'm tired. Could I use you as a pillow?"

I looked over at him quickly and he jumped back. "...please?" He added.

I nodded and turned back to the window. Friends did this sort of thing right?

Wait, we're friends right?

***

As we walked down the hall, he was going on and on how much John Green apparently captures the exact thoughts and motives of a teenager perfectly.

"...and it's crazy 'cause he's like old, ya know?"

I snorted. "Well he was a teenager at one point, so I think he knows what it's like t-"

"OHMYGOD HEY PETER!"

A tall, blonde girl shouted like she was at a concert. I looked to the ground as she jumped up and wrapped her arms around Peter's neck. "IT HAS BEEN SOOOO LONG!"

Why is she yelling?

I remained quiet, acting like I was digging through my bookbag. Peter seemed surprised but slowly grew a smile. "Oh hey, Gen!"

He hugged her back and she kept screeching about how much she missed him. *cough* CRINGE *cough*

After what seemed like a year, the girl pulled away from him and turned toward me. "Who's your friend?"

"Gen, this is Kizzy-"

"Kizlyn." I interrupted.

His eyes met mine. "Right, right. Kizlyn. And this is my...uh, my old friend Genevieve. Gen for short."

She jumped onto me and gave me a huge squeeze, knocking the breath out of me. I almost fell over. She pulled back, giving me a huge smile. "It is so nice to meet you, Kizlyn. And that name! Ughh, gorgeous. Totally unique."

"Thanks." I mumbled, rubbing my arms that she nearly broke off.

"I've known Peter since we were in middle school," Gen glanced up at him and winked.

"That's right. I didn't know you went to school here now." Peter replied, scooting closer to me.

Gen flipped her hair over her shoulder. "Well, you know, my dad moved so we all had to. I had no idea I'd bump into you so soon."