Chapter 3

Lunchtime had come around and Justin had to haul his ass into the cafeteria for food because he didn't eat breakfast this morning.
Its not that he wasn't hungry, he slightly was, but he had gotten so used to his foster family's many method of trying to kill him (to get the insurance claim on him), that he had just quit eating unless it was absolutely necessary. Because of this, he had become slightly underweight and a little malnourished over the summer but nothing that can't be fixed with a little sprucing up.

It had become a routine since the day he had turned twelve. Every holiday spent with foster families would result with him hardly eating, and because of that, his body had become quite adapted to that schedule; whether he wanted it to or not.
He liked to think of his body like his brain, whenever he studied something for a particular time his brain retains the knowledge and it only ever surfaces when needed. Just like his body.

Only downside?

His body became quite accustomed to food in small portions thus lacking the ability to "retain" large quantities of it.

He could do like most depressed people and hardly eat, but that would result in him becoming weak and unable to defend himself, which would result in bullies beating on him again. A road he wasn't going to trod down again; ever. So he ensured that he always eat as much as he can during the summer, and when school reopens he add backs his much needed weight –which is quite difficult seeing that his body has the metabolism of highly erosive acid– but he does try.

Once he stepped foot in the cafeteria all eyes land on him, a kid that was joking with some friends walking backwards bumped into him and fell to the ground.

The cafeteria became eerily silent as everyone waited with bated breaths, on "the storm", as they called him for obvious reasons, to burst. The room went silent, not a sound to be heard, like everyone was holding their breaths, watching with much anticipation, for what is to unfold.