Chapter 4

The kid that bumped into Justin and fell to the ground wasn't much taller than him, just by 2".

"U-uh…I-I-I'm s-s…", he stammered, sat on the ground stuttering like a complete idiot, whilst he fought for the words to say to apologise to the schools "storm" for bumping into him.

No one looked at the boy with anything other than pity.

Why wouldn't they?

They all would've been scared shitless if they were the ones in that situation.

Justin is the school's 'storm', and for obvious reasons. His quiet and bored exterior makes him look unapproachable and when you annoy him (yes when and not if because everyone annoys him) he would just look at you.

And not a look like he's interested, but a look that spoke boredom and uninterest. A look so intense it's like he's seeing your deepest darkest secrets and spitting them right back at you, with only his eyes. It would make even the most popular and manly of men at Arden High twitch and fidget under his gaze. And that's only when he's blatantly looking at you, but not really looking at you, like he's saying 'get out of my space or I'll kill you'.

And that's not even the worst.

The worst is when he's angry. Its like his eyes get darker till they look full black with just a fleck of silver, his mouth draws into a thin line, and you can literally see a vein pulsing on his temple. It's the only time you'll see a change of emotion on the schools drone and even that's rare. And even then his eyes, face and the rest of his body remains as expressionless like a lion sleeping; or the dullness of the rain. Its why they call him storm.

He's as dull, boring and dreary as your everyday rain but can just suddenly burst and become as unpredictable as a storm, and what just adds to the terrifying ness of it all is his ability to take and throw punches. A few have witnessed firsthand Justin, literally flip the teachers desk. A group of boys tried to pull a prank on him (during his first year) and placed the desk  on his book and instead of crying or running to the teachers like they thought he would, he flipped the desk on its side, picked up his book, then walked out the class like it was an everyday occurrence; leaving the poor lost souls staring after him like someone had run over their puppy, bulldozed their house, and smashed their phones into the sidewalk.

But instead of doing any of that: punching, kicking or even cause the apocalypse (which they  believe is possible), Justin only looked down at the poor trembling soul –whose having flashes of every form of death he can think possible– with his same bored expression and simply strolled passed, bought his lunch, and left like nothing had happened. Justin not even noticing the poor boy passing out on the floor, and his friends, and the entire cafeteria, staring down at him like he's the soul survivor of World War III.