Six

Making up for lost time, as we'd planned, turned out be deep sentimental pillow talk. We were taking huge steps towards our future in just a few hours. The plan was for Maya to live with my parents in Ilsan while she was adjusting to life in Korea. Then after a while we'd get an apartment closer to the city so that we could see each other more often.

She was nervous, to say the least, and so was I. But while she worried if my parents would truly like her, I was worried about everything else that could go wrong. What if someone said something to the media? A jealous neighbor, or someone looking to make a quick buck could expose everything we've been trying to hide all this time. Every late night phone call and hotel meet up would have all been in vain.

I mean I doubt PD would fire me after all I've been through with him and the guys, but there'd definitely be consequences for hiding something like this from him. Maya and I had reached out to Hyuna and Hyojong in recent months, who were both really helpful with supporting us and all; but at the end of the day, they didn't have race weighing in on their already difficult situation. Maya and I were at a disadvantage no matter how we chose to look at it. We'd only have each other and our families to back us in case this got out.

And kids? That was out of the question for the next couple of years at least. As much as I would want nothing more than to see her carrying my child, it'd be bad enough to reveal a secret wife. Adding a child to the equation would only make things worse. I'd not only ruin myself , but the guys and the company would be shamed as well.

"Hey, we could get another dog!" I exclaimed. Looking down at where her head rested against my chest as I stoked her hair.

"Another dog? Oh no no no no no. Rap Mon is enough for us right now." I laughed. "Imagine us as parents right now; you're the same person who lost their passport within 5 minutes of having it."

"Ha- that's fair. We're too clumsy for Monie even!"

"Hey! Speak for yourself!" We laid there laughing in each other's arms, the tv glowing from across the room.

"Well," I started placing a kiss to her temple. "When we do have little ones, they'll just have to get used to their clumsy parents."

———————————————

"Come on, Joon, we're gonna be late!" Maya shouted from the bathroom, checking her makeup for the third time in the last half hour.

"I thought you were nervous," I chuckled, grabbing my shoes from my duffle bag.

"I am,"she said peaking her head out of the door. "All the more reason to be on time."

I sighed as she walked over to stand in between my legs. "Baby,"I started as my arms came to wrap around her waist. "Just relax, okay? You have nothing to worry about."

"I have everything to worry about, Joon. This isn't your typical 'meet the in-laws'. I'm meeting my in-laws and moving in with them because I'm an international secret all at once. It's a lot."

I nodded, placing a kiss to her stomach. "I know, baby, I know." Looking up at her, I shot her a smile. "But I also know that you're strong.  And determined and that you won't let something like this stop you."

She rolled her eyes, hand coming up to play with the hairs at the nape of my neck. "You really do know exactly what to say to cheer me up."

"What kind of husband would I be if I didn't?" I placed another kiss to her forearm and tightened my grip on her waist. "Now what kind of reward does your good husband get?"

She scoffed. "None."

"So later then?"

"I'm not having sex with you at your parents' house, Namjoon."

I sighed, pecking her lips as I stood. "Well it was worth a shot."

"Mhm, keep trying."

———————————————

It was about an hour later when we arrived outside of my parents' place. Maya gripped onto my hand and I laughed. "Stop it."

"Remember when you met my parents and you said you needed that inspirational kiss to let you know everything was okay?"

"Yea?"

She looked up, eyes big and searching for something to anchor onto. "I think I'm gonna need a couple of those."

I shook my head before turning to cup her face. "You're worrying for nothing, baby." I kissed her soft and slow, resting my forehead against hers. "Better?"

"Mm..maybe one more," she mumbled and i chucked at her cuteness but obliged.

"Alright, now no more stress. It's a happy day."

———————————————

MAYA

Namjoon's parents were nice as I quickly discovered. I had been so stressed about meeting them and his sister that I felt silly after talking to them for a while.

"I hear that you have a big family, Maya," his father queried as we ate. I was starting to be very grateful for those semesters of Korean language courses. I'd be embarrassed if I couldn't carry such a simple conversation with his parents.

"Yes, I have two older sisters and two younger brothers."

"I couldn't imagine having that many siblings, Namjoon drove me crazy as it is," Gyeongmin added.

"Hey!" Namjoon defended.

"What? It's true!" They reminded me of how I was with my siblings growing up. Me and my brothers would bicker all the time.

"Anyways, we are glad to have you with us, Maya," my father-in-law chuckled while Namjoon and Gyeongmin has resulted to sticking their tongues out at one another across the table.

When we finished eating, I offered to help clean the table leaving me and my new sister as Joon went to go put our things away and their parents went to help him.

"So," Gyeongmin started plunging her hands into the warm dish water of the sink behind me. "Is he as much of a dork with you as he is with the rest of us?"

I smirked, bringing over the last of the plates. "Would he be Namjoon if he wasn't?" She snorted in response.

"Good too know that my sister has a sense o humor." The compliment made my heart flutter. I didn't now if she would like me. I mean I'm even younger than her and now I'm the one that gets called 'eonnie'. But the more we talked, I could tell that we would be close, especially now that I was living with them.

"I'm glad he met you," she said after a long bout of silence. "I don't think I've seen him this happy in a long time."