Twenty-Two

NAMJOON

"Damn it," I sighed, tossing my phone back onto my bed after what seemed to be the thousandth false alarm. I threw my head back, staring up at the ceiling, damn near begging to whatever may exist out there that she would forgive me.

We've never gone this long without talking; or at least texting, even back when things were new and we were still getting to know each other.

Before I could dig myself into a bigger hole of self-pity, Tae walked into the room with a cacophony of things in his arms, taking a few shorts steps and kicking the door shut with his foot before finally letting everything drop to the floor in front of me.

I looked down at the mess of yoga mats, head bands, face masks and scented candles before me. "What is this?" I asked, pointing a curious finger towards the pile.

Taehyung sighed as he stood tall and placed his hands on his hips and a boxy grin on his face

Taehyung sighed as he stood tall and placed his hands on his hips and a boxy grin on his face. "This is to calm my nerves," he beamed. "Before you two drive me insane and I go to Kook's until she calls you back," he added under his breath. He scooped up on of the mats after a silent debate with himself, deciding ultimately on the grey tie-dye looking one over the green and rolling it out on the floor.

"Hey!"

"I'm serious. Now, stop being pouty and grab a mat, you're doing this  with me."

I looked over at him quizzically and back down at the mess before me. "That's still not telling me what it is we're doing."

He crossed his legs and took a deep breath, back turned to me. "I'm pushing away all the bad energy and stress." Immediately, I was skeptical.

"And...is it working?" I could use to positive reinforcement; that is if it actually worked and wasn't just some nonsensical, Tae being Tae activity he had thought up after being on YouTube for too many hours.

"If you would stop asking questions, and give it a try... " He spoke over his shoulder with be back still faced to me. Deciding that actually doing something was better than nothing, I grabbed the green mat, laying it out beside him.

"Ah,ah,ah. Face mask and head band too."

"Tae, I hardly think that-"

"Just do it." I rolled my eyes, picking whichever items were closest to me which so happened to be a panda mask and a pink polka dot head band. So far this so called meditation didn't seem to be all that bad.

"Now hyung, breathe and relax," Tae said, truly sounding like one of those yoga gurus online. "Let out all your bad energy."

I sighed letting my shoulders sink down as a breathed. As I inhaled, the shrill and obnoxious sound of my ringtone permeated the silence of the space with the tone that could only mean Maya. And before I could think, I scrambling for the life of me to get to it.