Five

MAYA

"What took you so long?" Una asked, looking up from her phone as she lay on the bed.

"I was about to file a missing person's report," Jeremy chimed in, toothbrush still in his mouth.

"At the grocery store, where else?" I sighed, shrugging the last of the bags off my arms and onto the table. "Ya know, some help would have been nice."

"Yeah, yeah," Una replied, no doubt scrolling through her discover feed on Instagram. "What are we doing in a hotel anyways? You know we could have just stayed with my Aunt in Busan."

"I know, I know. It's just that I'm going to be here for a while. When's the next time I'll be in a hotel here?" Technically it would be in a few days. Joon thought it'd be a good idea to get some alone time; actual alone time and not just us having Skype sex while the guys are out, before we get to his parents'. "Besides, I've done my research, why go to Busan instead of enjoying the city life?"

"She has a point,"Jeremy added coming over to see what I'd gotten at the store. "Jeez, Maya, can you even afford all this stuff?"

"It was cheap," I waved off. Plus you know how snack-y we all get at 3am. I'd rather get the stuff now then worry about it later."

He nodded at my words.

It wasn't long before we hooked up the tv and started watching crack videos on YouTube. It's still weird for me to see Namjoon like this. Before we met, it felt like there was no way they were real people. It's hard to see him in that light anymore now that he's just my clumsy idiot husband.

"My, what's wrong?"Una asked. I looked up to see the two of them staring at me concern laced in their gazes.

"What do you mean?" I video of Jungkook swatting at flies played on in the background.

"You usually are into this, do you want us to change it? 'Cus we can change it, what do you want? NCT? EXO? We can hook up some EXP if you really wanna laugh!"

I laughed at their eagerness.

"What is it, Noona?" The two of them were a year younger than me, yet I'd learned so much from them. It was the two of them that got me into K-pop in the first place. If it hadn't been for them, I probably wouldn't have met Joon in the first place, being that it was the two of them that dragged me to Vegas that weekend anyways. It was only fitting that they were the ones 'giving me away' to him so to speak.

"It's nothing its's just...I'm really gonna miss you two."

"AWW!" They exclaimed in unison before tumbling over each other to get to me on the other end of the bed to give me a group hug.

"I love you guys."

"We love you two May."

In a few days they'd be back to LA. Back to enjoying their last days before college. Back to their regular lives. I owed it to them to tell them what kind of life they had given me; but I'm sure  it'd be safer for now that they continue being themselves.

Who knows  what kind of drama would erupt in their lives if it came out that their best friend was married to RM, leader of the biggest boy band in the world.

They deserved peace for now.

———————————————

NAMJOON

"I'm going home for the weekend Tae, so you'll have the room to yourself," I said while packing the last few things I'd need for the eventful weekend to come. It all seems so cereal (surreal**). She's here. Maya is actually here and about to meet my family. Where had the time gone? It seems like just yesterday I was talking to her in a hotel bar.

"Again? I seems like you just went," he whined, momentarily distracted from cooing at Yeontan.

"Yah, why are you complaining?You should be happy that you get to have some time to yourself without me in the way. Besides, I'll only be 45 minutes away. If anything goes wrong, I'll come running back."

"You? Running? Never mind, I'll just save myself. And Tannie! Yes I will, yes I will," he wemt on. I swear he loves that dog more than himself.

"Wow, thanks for that Tae."I grabbed my bag and headed towards the door before he could say anything eles.

"Tell Geongmin I said good luck!" I sighed. He was still on that? I find it funny how that stuck in his head but keeping Tannie out of the trash hadn't. I waved him off and continued out the door.

"Where are you going?" Jin asked from the kitchen.

"Home," I sighed grabbing a water bottle out of the fridge. "To visit."

"Let the man have his peace," Yoongi spoke up as he walked in, finally emerging from his midday nap, no doubt.

"Thank you."

"Have his peace, peace from what?" As if on queue, Taehyung and Jungkook came bolting out into the living room, running circles around the couches and the coffee table.

"Why would you do that?!" Kook yelled.

"It was funny!" Tae responded as he ran away from the baby.

"I rest my case," Yoongi murmured before taking a long sip of his wine. Wait when did he even get that? 

"Alright, alright." I shook my head at the disaster that was unfolding in front of me. "I'll be back by Monday. Anything happens call me."

Jin scoffed. "You don't think we can take care of ourselves? We are grown men!"

"Grown men that chase each other around the house over unplugging a video game," Yoongi mumbled.

I sighed. "I don't have time for this, alright? I'm gonna run into traffic. Behave," I said to them all with an accusing finger raised before walking out the door and to the SUV awaiting me.

"I'm leaving now, I just got caught up with some things," I said into the phone after dialing Maya.

"Let me guess, the boys?" She laughed.

"They've been so clingy lately. It's like they're keeping track of my every move."

"In their defense, you've been going home to visit a lot during the break that you guys have been on."

"Yea, because I've been getting things ready for tomorrow," I defended.

"I know, baby," she replied. "but before you get all defensive, they're used to you being around all the time. They're probably just worried about you."

I shook my head, a small smile creeping onto my face. It's times like these when I wonder if she's really the older one out of the two of us. "Okay, you're right."

"I usually am."

"Ha ha, very funny," I paused. "You're too good for me."

"I could say the same to you, my love. I'll see you when you get to the hotel, okay? I gotta hop in the shower before you get here."

My brows quirked up. "Oh, is that so?"

"Oh hush, keep it up and you'll have to wait til the next time you're off work to see what I have planned for you," she teased.

"Sounds like someone wants to make up for lost time." I could practically hear her eyes roll.

"Good bye, Namjoon," she giggled before  hanging up the phone.