Chapter 2 : Bertia (9 years old)

The next time I met Bertia was the next year's winter.

Nevertheless we are still in engaged. (TN: kind of like unsatisfied feeling? its like they are engaged but they didnt see each other in a year. anyone know how to rephrase this to have that kind of feeling?)

I have invited her over countless times to deepen our relationship, but she's always confined in Nochesse family territory mansion to [cure her disease].

Everytime her father the prime minister, Douglas Evil Nochesse, attended the court was asked how her daughter was doing, he would always have that expression of biting hundreds of bugs and laughed dryly and replied [My daughter is caught with incurable  'stupidity' disease].

........ [stupidity] was muttered in a small voice , but having learned on how to read lips that has no meaning on me whatsoever. (TN: I really want to know what else can he do maybe use the force...?)

If that happens to be incurable, then it might be hard for her to become my fiancée.

Even as a child I at least know that much.

Furthermore, since after that happened she shut herself on her family mansion, isn't it more or less [my fault]?
To probe more about this I sent an [Envoy] to investigate.

The report that came from the [Envoy] now and then had recently became my No 1 amusement now.

That's why I know that every day, on day and night, she's been wearing a boyish like clothes and running around her mansion.

Usually a young maiden on treatment won't be screaming [2 Kilometers left!] while running around drenched in sweat right?

She has finally shown her appearance before me on the day before my 11th birthday.

"It's been a long time, your highness Cecil. You don't know who I am? I am your fiancee, Bertia Evil Nochesse. I look different right? I bet you don't recognize me anymore..... Ouch! What are you doing, father?" (Bertia)

"Your highness, please excuse this stupid daughter of mine, I shall have her reeducated" (Douglas)[

Marquis Nochesse and his daughter was waiting in the meeting room, and once she saw me, she smiled and greeted(?) me.

In a sense it's a cuteness akin to a children, but being the daughter of a Marquis and the crown's prince fiancée that's definitely an out.

I unintentionally smiled wryly as Marquis Nochesse brought his fist down to her head and small beads of tears appeared on her face.

By the way raising a hand in front of royalties should be problematic too but being a child I don't have the guts to point that out to the Marquis that has a compelling smile pasted on his face.

But having him take her back and if that leads to her confining herself again is kind of problematic to me.

After all she is the entertainment.... I mean fiancée that I haven't seen in a year.

"Don't mind it Marquis Nochesse, Isn't she childishly cute?" (Cecil) (TN: cute like small child)

"As always your highness don't have any childishness in you" (Douglas)

"I've been told that often" (Cecil)

As I tried to replied with a childish smile, and Marquis Nochesse let out a snicker.
(TN: I mean laugh snicker not snicker bars in case you're hungry and dont know it :P)

Still touching her head that's hit by her father, she looked at me with a slight tinge of red on her cheeks.

I'm not trying to brag, but girls would look at me like that sometimes. (TN: all real lifers should just explode)