Chapter 10 Bertia (16 years old)[3]

"I actually dislike conspiracy. I just need to think of a defensive plan to protect my fiancée. Of course, I'll treat her as just a complete stranger only if she doesn't intentionally hurt my fiancée."

"That is a matter of course. It's something necessary for us, too, right?"

Without missing a beat, the other members also nodded in agreement with Charles who pointed that out while showing his usual smile.

Well, it's because they are all in the same position of being mutual lovers or fiancés.
As men, if there is a possibility of our partners getting hurt, obviously we would think of protecting them.

"If we are all in agreement on how it's indispensable for us to think of a defensive plan, it's only reasonable for us to cooperate with one another, don't you think so, Your Highness?"
When the word [cooperation] was mentioned, I can clearly understand that you're looking at me with an expression that is trying to tell me to take the command, isn't that right, Charles?

...Certainly, I think that it would be the safest option to entrust these members with my [scenario], since they will surely be able to execute it accordingly.

Please read the novel at convallariaslibrary 𝒹❁𝓉 𝒸♡𝓂
As Charles and Kulgan have the ability to judge others' characters, they would be able to behave rationally. It might be best to allow them to move independently.

However, for someone like Bard who's simple and stu... honest, it's possible that he might behave recklessly and trust other people without thinking of the consequences. Shaun and Nert were raised indulgently, so they might not be skilled at dealing with other people. It would be troublesome if these guys were to move imprudently because they can't read others' hidden intention and thoughts.

Because I've long been associating with them, it's not like I can't read all of their behavioral patterns. However, since I can read it, that's why I understand the things that can be called risk factors.

"Ye~s, ganging up on a frail (though I don't know if she is indeed frail) lady and attacking her is violating the gentlemen's code, so I don't really want to do it, but... when we're cooperating to set up some traps as our defensive measure in order to protect our beloveds, it can't be helped if someone gets caught in that [trap], right?"

After pretending to be troubled for a bit, they smiled and nodded and each gave their consent to the proposal of manufacturing traps as a compromise plan.
This chapter is brought to you by Convallaria's Library. Please give us a visit and read this chapter there to show some support~!

Indeed, it can be said that it's quite immature for everyone to be ganging up together to repulse a single noble daughter under a trivial reason such as [because she's harassing our lovers], as we are all men who are carrying the burden of being the country's central figures in the future.

However, if our opponent demonstrated a clear hostility towards us, then that won't be the case anymore.

After all, if there comes someone grasping a sword in front of your beloved person and you would greet them with empty hands just because the opponent is female, then it won't be enough no matter how many lives you and your beloved person possess.

If that's the case...

By setting up [traps], it means you can create [reasons] for a counter attack in order to protect your beloved person from the opponent's clear [malice].
Naturally, the [malice] and [reasons] are arranged to prepare [the real thing] that's free from lies, deceptions, broad interpretations, etc.

That's why, even if we set up some [traps], if she actually doesn't hold any [malice], then her sins won't become apparent.

By all means, the best case for both sides would be if nothing happens, but... Honestly speaking, I don't mind whichever happens.