Chapter 7: Bertia (14 years old)[1]

In one of the salon shared between high school and middle school division.1

Called as the special room, it's a place where a small amount of people are able to gather and socialize together. There, Bertia and I had our lunch 3 months after my graduation from middle school division.

"So, your highness, how is your relationship with the heroine? I haven't hear any information on both of you [getting along] together."( Bertia)

While chatting and drinking our tea after we had our dessert, Bertia suddenly stared at me.

"Hmm? Heroine? Aah, the bird girl. How do I describe it, our relationship haven't even reached the level of introducing our names to each other. I don't even know her name. If I have to describe our relationship, she would be a suspicious person that I usually met."(Cecil)

The bird girl — the daughter of baron Inderon, Heronia.Inderon

Since Bertia would keep yapping about Heroine, and someone who I would seldom meet, I did some investigation on her.

That's why, honestly I knew more than just her name.

I also know that Bertia who would usually interact with me and my close aides, would sometimes unintentionally called the over familiar suspicious girl who always came and talk to us – baroness Heronia, [heroine] in a public place. And since then her hidden second name had become [heroine].

Different from the meaning that Bertia had when she called her [heroine], the people around called her [heroine] just to shorten her name. because her name is [hero]-nia.[in]deron.

To Bertia, it must be a silver lining to a dark cloud.

Well because of that although I do know about, Barronness Heronia commonly known as [heroine], there are a lot of social rules preventing me from saying so.

Even if I do know about her, if we haven't been introduced by someone, or haven't made our greetings, we have to act as if we're [Strangers].

Talking about her with other people may be fine but, no matter how often we met each other, or how often did we have small chat, it's the manners to not interact with her as if we're [acquaintance] or not calling each other with names.

That's why even now, [heroine] and I are still [strangers]

...... Although I don't know whether she understand this.

"H-How could this be?!  Even after I had guided you to all those event spots.After meeting for year, why are you still on the level of unacquainted?!" "Hmm? [guided] you say? As expected all of that is not a coincidence huh?"

During the time between Bertia's enrollments to the middle school division, until I have graduated from the middle school, there are a lot of time where I'm called by Bertia and met baroness Heronia there.

Since its Bertia, I thought that she would ask me out to a place where I'm more likely meet baroness heronia, the [heroine].
In truth, it's a favor from my cute fiancée so I don't really mind to actually be [acquainted] with her.

After we're [acquainted] I just need to ignore her as I see fit while keeping our distance and it shouldn't be a problem.

But, I do feel that situation won't be so interesting. Thus in the end, everytime I heard baroness heronia's voice or see her figure, I would smile and leave the place immediately.

"That- that's because I wanted your highness to be happy! That's also for the sake of the citizens in this world!! But because I'm a villainess, I can't directly meditate between your highness and the heroine. That's why I thought, at least I would help you by making the event start normally."(Bertia)