nine

not proofread

Waking up next to Madison a second time exceeded all of my expectations. This time I remembered what happened the night before, and this time, I was more then happy to plant a soft kiss on her forehead as she faced me on her side.

I was definitely drunk last night, but I remembered everything. I felt a growing pain in my stomach because I had almost forced myself onto the honey-brunette, but thankfully she had accepted my apology later and helped my clean up my forehead which was sore at the moment from hitting it on the wall.

We had stayed up into the late hours of the night, talking about the impossible and everything that lived and existed inside of it. I was happy I could just escape from all of the shit going on right now, and talk to the girl I had fallen in love with.

I sighed as I tucked the hair that had fallen over Madison's closed eyes behind her ear and watched her sleep. The anger and the pain from her betrayal seemed to have vanished along with every speck of tension between us last night. I didn't know if it washed away with the alcohol, or if it was because we talked it out, I honestly had no idea.

Only a few minutes passed by before Madison's golden eyes were glittering open and a yawn took over her face as she woke up and dug her car father into the pillow.

"Hey, baby," She said, her voice rusty with the morning.

"How you doin', love?"

"I am doing amazing. I never knew how nice it could be to wake up to someone like you," she giggled, wrapping her arm around my torso, the ends of the sleeves of my hoodie she wore riding up her finger tips.

"You say that as if it's your first time," I teased, pulling her closer to me as she rested her head on my chest.

"Technically it is. The first time, you kind of just ran away, you were freaked out because we slept together."

I laughed out loud at that as she looked up at me with a smile. "It was pretty scary."

"Oh, I scare you?" She asked sarcastically and I rolled my eyes and nodded my head.

"You're absolutely terrifying."

"I'll show you terrifying." Before I could object, she had climbed on top of my, her pillow in hand. She brought the pillow down on me forcefully, smacking me in the head with it each time.

"No, no, stop!" I cried, trying to crawl out from under her legs that straddled me. Our laughs mixed in with my yells and I quickly grabbed her arms and held them behind her back, making her drop the pillow as our eyes locked. She was still straddling me, and it didn't take long for our laughs to die out.

"So we do we do now?" She asked after a few moments of just staring at each other. "We've spent all this avoiding that one question."

"I don't know."

"I mean, does it really have to be that difficult?" She asked softly, looking down as I watched her, waiting for an answer. "There are two ways this could go, and it shouldn't be this hard for us to pick one." I dropped her arms and she brought her hands up to the collar of my shirt, playing with it.

"What are the two ways?"

"Well..." She trailed off, biting her lip and meeting my eyes once again. "We could both agree to just stay friends, and try to move on and forget everything that's happened between us, or..." I furrowed my eyebrows as she paused.

"Or...." I repeated, willing her to go on.

"Or we could just say 'fuck it' and try us out. We both know we're in love with each other. And I have definitely made mistakes, but you have as well and technically our relationship—or friendship or whatever this is started by us sleeping with each other, so it might not be the best idea."