thirty

i suggest you listen to EDM while reading this chapter

*Madison's POV*

"Madison you're going to go insane if you keep checking your phone."

"She should've called by now," I huffed, scrolling through my messages for the tenth time to make sure I hadn't missed any texts from Y/N.

"You told her you needed space." Cindy pointed out, shifting her seating position in her white armchair. I was sprawled out on the couch under a fuzzy blanket, hair up with my phone in hand, looking like a mess.

"Yes I asked for space, not complete isolation. Besides, I texted her last night telling her to call me and she hasn't even READ IT. It's been a week and she hasn't tried to talk me."

"Well you did tell her not to talk to you."

"Cindy," I groaned, shooting her a glaring look. The brunette put her hands up in surrender.

"Look, I'm not going to lie to you, okay? If you want to talk to her so bad, just call her."

"Why would I call her? I texted her. She should be trying to get me back, trying to see me. She couldn't even read my message! What kind of shit is that?" I sat up and crossed my legs, throwing my phone down next to me and pulling my hood over my eyes.

"She could be busy. Maybe she's trying to stay off of her phone."

"Busy my ass. I'm busy. It's my career that's just started and here I am busting myself over her. I should be worried about my music."

"Again, you're the one that pulled away. Cut her some slack?"

"No," I snapped, taking Cindy by surprise. "I'm not going to cut her slack. She's been out partying all week, getting wasted all week. The only way I'm able to make sure she's okay and hasn't died is Luke's fucking snapchat story. 'Oh, she's not dead, Madison, there she is taking more shots.'"

"Change your tone, don't forget who you're talking to." Cindy warned. I sighed and nodded my head.

"I'm sorry, I'm just stressed out. And I'm afraid to text Sierra because she and Y/N are always together. Even Angela told me she hasn't contacted her at all."

"Who is Angela?"

"My manager."

"Oh."

"The worst part is I have a feeling she's not taking her meds. Last time that happened she had a breakdown. Or maybe she is taking them but still getting wasted every night. I don't know which is worse. I just want her to be okay." I confessed. My voice wavered as I talked and I knew that the waterworks were about to start. Y/N was all I could think about, day and night. The hot tears left trails down my cheeks and a lingering headache. I felt no relief.

What had happened with the underwear was almost traumatic for me. It made me realize that Y/N and I were going strong, almost too strong. Any misunderstanding or minor inconvenience threw us out of balance. We were borderline toxic.

And I loved her more than anything.

"Hey, hey, hey," Cindy cooed, moving from her chair to the sofa. She wrapped her arms around me and kissed the top of my head, it only made me cry harder. "I know anything I say isn't going to help but you need to listen to me. You guys love each other. Don't let your anxiety ruin that. Call her. Tell her you're past whatever the fuck happened between you and go home. Otherwise I'm going to kick you out."

Her teasing made me giggle. I sniffed and wiped my nose. Her eyes were kind and were full of compassion when I looked in them.

"Thank you," I smiled and patted her leg. "I guess I have to. I don't want to keep waiting for her to remember I exist. Especially when she'll probably end up her killing herself without me."