seventeen

October flew by like a hummingbird, quick but quiet. It was uneventful. Each day was just another mark on the wall. But Luke wasted no time in preparing for the party.

My relationship with Luke was back to normal. It had taken some time in the beginning, but eventually I got over my stubbornness and now we were better than ever. We all helped with his planning, having road trips to the state over for famous liquor, hiring bartenders and caterers, sending out invitations and whatever else he needed.

He wanted it to be exclusive, but that wasn't odd for one of Luke's parties. The guest list was made of 300 people, all allowed a plus one. It varied from A-list actors to superstar business reps. There were musicians, painters, photographers and every type of artist you could think of, with high status. Ariana volunteered a few of her bodyguards for the cause, and Luke wanted them stationed at the front door.

The aussie-boy was running around like a lunatic by October 30th. Everything had to be perfect. He was so adamant about things, that Madison, Sierra and I just let him do whatever he wanted and helped when we could. Otherwise he would be on our asses nagging about the little things.

Madison and I had continued to keep our relationship under the radar. There were plenty of skeptics and most of our fans collectively believed we were together, but that was the extent of it. Most people thought that we were good friends and just like I had moved in with Luke after Camila, Madison moved in with Sierra for some unknown reason.

October was a great month for our relationship. Almost everyday we set a goal to do something new together, whether that be going for fro-yo, long boarding through the mountains or even just going pet-shopping (we left the store with 15 sweaters and 6 pairs of shoes for Bates, and a small beta fish for Madison that she named Dog. He lived in a fish bowl sitting on the end table on Madison's side of the bed.) Even when we weren't planning adventures together there were things to do. We started cooking, and going for walks almost everyday. Madison liked to watch me work in the studio, so she would always tag along when I met up with clients or just worked in my own studio.

My love for her only grew stronger as we laid a nice foundation under us. I had already known a lot about her before we got together, but now I felt like I knew her better than myself. There was nothing that could break us apart at this point.

Madison had began spending a lot of time with David, but I had no problem with it. She brought him to the house a few times, and I'd be lying if I said I didn't like the guy. I had watched a few of his youtube videos and found them pretty funny, even the one where they trashed my house. He was a good guy, and after a while I felt like I could trust him.

And when Luke's party came, I could firmly argue that it was one of the best nights of my life.

9:45 pm

"Eric!" Luke yelled through the house, calling for the man he hired to help manage the party.

"I'm here, what do you need?" The short, black haired man appeared suddenly, skidding around the corner and catching himself just in time to continue jogging down the hall.

Luke was making last minute changes to everything, and Eric was unfortunately getting the short end of the stick.

Madison, Sierra and I were all ready, wearing our perfectly planned costumes and waiting for 10 o'clock to come. Ariana was here too, but she was at the stage that sat in the back of our living room, next to the sliding glass door that Luke had taken out. There was only an opening there now for guests to come and go through. She was scrolling through her phone, looking for some songs to get rid of the quiet before the storm.

Luke had gotten Martin Garrix to agree to DJ for the party, but he had one condition. After a few hours he would be allowed to join the party and that's why Luke had also hired Steve Aoki for the second half of the night.