Wet Socks and Wet Tears

I gently pick up Vincent's arm and place it to the side. Slipping my leg out from under his, I carefully place my foot onto the ground with minimal creaking. Looking to check that Vincent and Carson were still asleep, I make my attempt to escape. Rushing, I tip-toe towards the front door. But as I'm opening the front door, a voice mumbles from upstairs. 

"Leaving so soon?" Greg asks, rubbing his eyes. 

"Greg!" I shush, pressing my index to my lips.

"What are you doing?" He yawns, stretching his arms as he comes down the stairs. 

"I have to go back before Wren realizes I slept over here," I whisper. 

"I'm pretty sure everyone would still know."

"What? Did they see me already?" I panic. 

"No, but you're wearing Vincent's shirt and your clothes are hanging on the balcony," he points to the glass door behind him where my still damp sweatpants and t-shirt hangs. 

Flustered, I grab the end of Vincent's shirt and attempt to pull it down to hide my legs. 

"Wait outside. I'll grab your clothes for you," Greg instructs, casually strolling to the balcony without care of making noise. 

Scared Greg's noisy stomps will wake Carson up, I slip out into the hallway. Just as I do so, I meet Maddy, who's just closing the door of her own room. 

"Hey, Maddy. Is your ankle feeling better?"

"What do you mean?" she asks, for a second confused. Suddenly, she gasps," Oh, right. Yeah... it's fine," she says as if she had forgotten about it. 

"What are you doing up so early?"

She takes a moment to consider her answer. "I'm taking a morning walk. It's part of my diet."

"Oh, cool," I nod, genuinely impressed by her commitment to exercise even during her vacation. 

"That's an interesting outfit..." she comments, looking at Vincent's t-shirt. 

"Oh, I borrowed this from-" I begin, but stop before I reveal last night's event. 

Maddy opens her mouth, but is interrupted when Greg comes out with my clothes in hand, neatly folded. He holds them out and I shyly take it. 

"Oh, I almost forgot to call my parents!" Maddy exclaims, pulling out her phone and holding it directly in front of her face. She clicks on it for a bit and waves to us before pressing the phone to her ear and walking away. 

Is she avoiding him? Is it because they kissed? 

My overwhelming curiosity leads me to stare at Greg without realizing it.

"Do I have drool on my face or something?" 

"N-no!" I stutter, turning away embarrassed. 

"I was thinking of getting some bagels for everyone. Want to tag along? I'll let you pick the cream cheese flavor," he bribes. 

"I want onion and chives," I gasp, excited. 

"Get changed then. I'll wait in the lobby when I'm done getting ready."

"You won't be the one waiting, " I snobbishly remark. "I'm fast at getting ready."

"Fine, if you're faster than me, you can get a bagel sandwich too."

"One of those overpriced ones with eggs and cheese?" my eyes twinkled. 

"Yep."

"You're on!"