Chapter 1 Melanie Salvatore

======================================================

Text copyright © JuliaLee™ 2013,2014,2015,2016

The Moral right of the author has been asserted. All rights reserved. This story is published subject to the condition that it shall not be reproduced or re transmitted in whole or in part, in any manner, without the written consent of the copyright holder, and any infringement of this is a violation of copyright law.

A single copy of the materials available in this story may be mad, solely for personal, noncommercial use. Individuals must preserve any copyright or other notices contained in or associated with them. Users may not distribute said copies to others, whether or not in electronic form or in hard copy, without prior written consent of the copyright holder of the materials. Contact information for request for permission to reproduce or distribute materials available through this course are listed below:

Email no longer available to public, apologies for any inconvenience.

================================================================

1864

"Father, I don't understand what you mean? Vampires?" He pushed the stake at me and I grabbed a hold of it as he sits down exhausted.

"Darling, I wanted to keep this a secret but I don't think I can't protect you anymore. You need to learn how to kill them." He got up and pointed at the wooden stake. "With this." I looked at the wood. It was just wood that was pointy.

"Is this some kind of joke? Father, please... tell me. You are scaring me." I said trying to smile but I was frighten I was only 15 years old. He hugged me.

"This is no jokes. I'm sorry." I felt the tears fall down. "Listen, I'm going to teach you how to survive. You are going to be a vampire hunter." He pulled away wiping a tear.I was scared as I held tight to the wooden stake.

I woke up sweating, did I just dream of Father? I pushed the covers over and walked into the bathroom of the hotel. I stared at the girl that was alive-ish, she was sweating with hair stuck to her face. Her long wavy brown hair falling past her back. Who was I? I splashed water on my face to get rid of the sweat.I was a Melanie Salvatore the vampire hunter.

"I got it." I heard John yell from downstairs. I speed next to John as he put the passports on the table.

"Thanks." I took them placing them in my purse.

"So how long are you going to be gone?" John walked over to the kitchen pouring coffee.

"Couple of Days... months? Why?" I turned to sit on the island and face John my partner in crime.

"I think we're getting gossiped so I'm going to ditch this town and go to California." John took a sip of coffee.

"Gossip?" I was confused.What kind of Gossip was he talking about?

"You know rumors. Last night when we killed that guy behind the bar. We were being watched so the news spread and I heard- Lucky me- that the vampires are movie west. So adios Washington and hello California babies!" He smiled about to do a dance when I closed my eyes on how disgusting he does his sexy dance.

"That's not sexy. How do you find that sexy?" I looked at him.

"Well, grumpy. Hurry up and leave already or else I'll end up kicking you out." He said as he continued his dance. I jump off the island counter and grabbed a muffin.

"You know you wont do that." I smiled and walked upstairs. Getting ready for my flight. I pulled on my dark blue skinny jeans, my favorite red rock band shirt, brown dark shady leather jacket, my tall brown boots, and did my makeup. I put on my shades grabbing my luguge. "Bye John." I waved and he smiled waving back. I headed to the airport.

(Let's skip the flight)

I got off the Plane and smiled at the Mystic Falls that bringed back so many memories of our family. I grabbed my bag, already having a car there I had a sporty black car. I threw my bags into the back and drove off to the house I owned, which John helped me get last week. I run up to the bed and jumped on. I heard Penny's voice.

"Melanie Salvatore, is that you?" I looked up and saw my human witch friend Penny. I got up and hugged her. "I'd miss you."

"I'd forgot that you owned the house too." I smiled at her. She was the same age as me. "Since I'm tired out let's hang out tomorrow." I smiled.

"Loved too but no. I have school tomorrow." She looked at me. I was sad then again I hadn't been in school for 100 years. I smiled at her.

"How about I come to school with you?" I asked "What school?"

"Mystic Falls High School. Basically the only High school around here." She smiled as if I asked a stupid question.

"Great, I'll go with you. It's a plan?" I put a hand in the air and she smiled.

"It's a plan." She high fived it. I smiled. School? I liked the ring to it.