Chapter 23 John?... Wrong.

Melanie's POV:

"Wake up!" I heard a familiar voice. I slowly opened my eyes and saw a figure infornt of me... I flickered my eyes again, I tried to rub my eyes but its tied with ropes. I pulled and felt the vervain go through my cut deep wrist.

"ARG!" I clentched my teeth together then looked back at the now two figures... "Penny?" I looked at her.

"Melanie... you need help." She said with her worry look.

"What? No... i don't." I said. Then she held out a bag of blood.... the warm blood... I tried to get up to grab it but only feel the vervain burn me again.

"ARG! WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS?!" I yelled.

"You killed 24 innocent people last night. I went to get help." She said almost yelling.

"No. I'm fine!" I yelled.

"No! Your not!" She yelled. I saw the other figure come out of the shadows and.... John?

"john?" I whispered.

"He's not John. I got hold of the other side and got Eric to come into John's body. You need help. He's going to help you." Penny said.

"I'm not the ripper anymore!--" John pulled the blood over on the ground and I felt like destroying everything to just take a sip!

"you are the ripper. Look" John pulled out a mirror and I saw myself red veins, my fangs longer, my eyes bright yellow. I pulled back.

"What are you going to do? Your not Eric." I said.

"I am. Just temporly using my sons body. I'm going to torture like I did 40 years ago when I found you." He smiled...

My face faded... the torture was going to happen all over again.

"No.. no.. NO!!" I yelled as he walked over to take the ring off my finger. "NO! NO!" I yelled I was watching him walk over to open the blinds.

"AHHHH!" I screamed in pain. The sun gaze boilled my back, I felt my skin peeling off of the heat. "ARG!! AHHH!" I screamed in more pain.

Suddenly he closed the blind walking over grabbing my face.

"Look, its for your own good." He whispered. He pulled a bottel of liquid out of his pocket.

I shook my head. "Please... no... Please..." I pleaded. He smiled and opened the bottel grabbing my mouth pouring down the vervain in my mouth.

"ARG!" The boiling hot water of vervain burned my insides out. "AHHH!" I spit it out but still burned my mouth. " Please.. no more." I watched him walk over to the blood bag holding it.

"But we're just starting." He smiled and put the blood infornt of me and my transformation happened again. "See, you still can't handle the blood." I watched him walk around me to open the blind again.

"NO! NO! PLEASE! DON"T DO IT ERIC!" I cried.

"Its' just going to hurt a little." He pulled the blinds open again. The pain burned like hell again.

"AHHHHHH!" I screamed in the pain.

Elena's POV

"Did you guys find her yet?" I held onto the phone looking at the news on the tv

"No, we searched everywhere." Stefan said through the phone.

"She killed 24 people Stefan, it was my fault... I probably shouldn't have made--"

"no.. it's not your fault. Being a vampire it's hard to control. Just stay put in the house. We're still going to look for her." Stefan said.

"Okay, I'll stay home. Bye."

"Bye." We hung up and I walked over on the couch sitting down. I looked at the news then saw something at the scene. I paused the tv screen zooming in closer to a girl that looked familiar.... Penny? A witch? I shook it off but then I remembered what she said last night.

"My friend Eric, helped me. 40 long hard years... it was worth it though."

Eric was related to the other vampire hunter John.... Penny was a witch... what if Melanie went to John to get help...?

I shook my head. I was going to not think of it but I had to tell Kol at least... it concerned him.

I brought the phone to my ear after I dialed the number.

Melanie's POV

"ARGHH!! PLEASE STOP!" I screamed, the sweat and blood came down my face.

"We have to kill this ripper before it fully gets you." Eric said closing the blinds again walking over infornt of me bending to my level. 

I put my head down of the pain from my back, i saw the drips of sweat fall off my forehead with the blood. "Please.... stop..." I whispered looking at him.

"I cant." He raised the blood bag. I felt my eyes transform.

We need it... the blood... we need the blood to live..

NO! You're the reason for this mess!

.... you need me Melanie... i helped you ...

I looked at the bag of blood... I tried to hold in my ripper self.

"I know your trying to hold it in Melanie..." Eric stood up putting the bag back on the tabel and walking over to open the blinds again.

"AHHHH!!!" I screamed at the pain of the sun. Eric walked next to me holding the bag in my face as I screamed in more pain.

"Come on Melanie..." He said.

"Please!!!" I screamed. then he walked over to the door leaving me locked with the sun blazing over my back burning me. "NO! ERIC! NO!!" I screamed through the pain. I felt the tears fall with my sweat and blood. "GAHH!!" I screamed in pain.

Penny's POV

I turned to look at Eric in Jonh's body... I wasn't used to it but I threw that aside.

"How is she?" I asked holding my hands together more like clentching.

"She's still not good. It's going to be like a month or so." He said opening up the door to the basement. I heard her screaming in pain. I closed the door shut closing my eyes tightly.

"Is this is good for her?" I asked slowly opening my eyes to him.

"Yes. She's been through this already. It's the only way to get rid of the ripper again." He said walking away.

How can I do this? but it's for her own good. She would've done the same... I can't stand to hear my best friend/ relative in pain.

I heard the screaming get louder. I tried walking away but it was so hard to walk away from her screams that reached to my ears of pain.