Chapter 14 Promises

Melanie's POV: In the woods

I felt the weird vibe between the three of us. John probably said something to Kol... I hope it wasn't what I think it was.

"Kol, do you mind getting my stakes I let at the house?" I looked over a Kol.

"Anything for you my darling." He kissed me then glared at John. Kol quickly dissapeared. I only have a couple minutes. I grabbed John by the colar and threw him to a large tree breaking it in half.

"WHat did you say?!" I yelled. John smiled at me getting up.

"The promise." John said dusting him. No! I pushed him against the tree.

"You didn't!"

"I did." He smiled. "You do remember."

Flashback 5 years ago.

"Eric, I promise to be a vampire hunter for the rest of enternity." I held tightly to my best friend that was dieing slowly.

"Take care of John." I nodded.

"I promise to be in your family generation, just like you said." I said wipping a tear. I looked at the 17 year old John. I stood up hugging the crying John.

"Do you really promise." John cried.

"I promise to stay within this family. I wont let anything happen to us." I hugged him tighter.

Flashback ended.

I dropped him. "I remember."  I suddenly found a hand on my shoulders pushing me to the tree and then lips smashing into mine. I struggle to get out of his grip but only to find he was stronger. I saw Kol behind us only feet away. I was screaming through my kiss kicking John. John fell to the floor in groan as I see Kol stabbing John with a stake through his back. I ran towards Kol and he held me tightly. I can't believe the John I grew up with was in love with me... he was like a little brother.